The vegetable choices that you can enjoy during the HCG diet include spinach. It is a dark leafy green that is healthy for your body. It has loads of nutrients. Spinach is one of the versatile foods which you can add to various recipes. It is best for soups, smoothies, casseroles, and salad.
Why the HCG diet protocol allows spinach as one of the approved foods?
Aside from being low in calories, spinach is also nutritious. It has loads of fiber that help in maintaining fullness during the low-calorie phase. Spinach is one of the filling foods that prevent you from binge eating during the VLCD. It can also help you curb your cravings and hunger by controlling your appetite. Spinach is rich in proteins. It is a source of protein for those who follow the vegetarian protocol.
Benefits of spinach on your body during the HCG diet
- Improve your eyesight. The beta carotene and lutein in spinach are vital for optimal vision. It contains antioxidants that fight against free radicals that sight.
- Boost brain function. Spinach has potassium and folate that boost brain focus. It reduces your stress levels. Spinach can also promote the flow of blood in your brain. It improves concentration and thinking skills.
- Maintains your heart healthy. Spinach can strengthen the muscles of your heart. It prevents cardiovascular diseases. Eating spinach can lower your risk of developing stroke, hypertension, and heart disease.
- Spinach promotes strong bones. The high levels of calcium, zinc, copper, and vitamin K in spinach are vital for strong bones. It is also essential in maintaining the health of your teeth, nails, and hair.
- Boost metabolism. Spinach contains proteins. It assists in metabolism and improves your immune system. It increases metabolism to help you lose weight. Spinach can also reduce cravings and suppress hunger.
Spinach has anti-inflammatory compounds that protect your body. Spinach reduces pain and inflammation like gout and arthritis. It can also prevent cancer.
How to include spinach on your HCG diet meal?
The first step in adding spinach to your meal is to get proper meal sizes. Follow the healthy cooking method such as grilling, broiling, or steaming your foods. Make a soup with spinach and meat. You can also make smoothies out of spinach. Here is a sample menu for a spinach recipe you can enjoy during the HCG diet.
Prepare the following:
- 4-6 cups Spinach
- 1/2 cup water
- A pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Onion
- Garlic cloves
- Sauté the garlic and onion in your non-stick frypan with water and lemon juice
- Allow the garlic and onion to soften and put the spinach on the sauté
- Stir the ingredients in the pan and allow them to cook lightly
- Serve it hot or add fifty grams of lean chicken breast
During the HCG diet, you can eat two servings of vegetables per day. You can either eat spinach or cook other vegetables. The approved foods on your HCG diet are helpful for your weight loss. Aside from having low-calorie content, they also assist the HCG in burning your fats.