PMS or premenstrual syndrome are symptoms that women get a week before their monthly period. It includes bloating, hunger, and high-stress levels. Some also experience moodiness and irritability.
Ninety-five percent of the women in the US experience cravings during the PMS stage. It is part of the process of hormonal imbalances and weight gain. The common signs of PMS are:
- Swollen breast
You can also experience the following
- Frequent occurrences of cravings
How will you alleviate PMS symptoms during the HCG diet?
- Assess your diet. Salty foods, alcohol, and caffeine can make PMS worst. Go for dietary changes by eating healthy foods. Fresh and organic foods alleviate moodiness and bloating. It keeps you full to avoid cravings. Increase your fiber intake by eating plenty of fruits and vegetables. Maintain the regular eating interval throughout the day.
- Consider some light activities. Get some exercise when cramping occurs. Light activities are beneficial in burning calories. It also aids in muscle cramps. Go to calm activities like stretching, yoga, or walking. It helps to balance hormones and keep your blood sugar levels. Calm activities lower anxiousness.
- Get adequate sleep. It is vital in balancing the hormones in your body. Sleeping is helpful in various biological functions in digestion and metabolism. Improving your sleep can help reduce stress levels.
- Massage your body. It helps lowering cramps and headaches. Massage your head and body to improve the circulation of blood. It reduces stress levels that are possible to cause weight gain. Massaging is proven to enhance mood. It can induce relaxation and sleep.
PMS can cause cravings when your stress levels are high. Stress can make the situation worst because you will seek comfort foods. Control it by meditating and deep breathing. Consider yoga to reduce stress and lower other PMS symptoms.
Cravings and PMS on HCG diet
Emotional hunger is possible when you have PMS. Avoid giving in to foods during the HCG diet. It can slow down your progress and result in gaining weight. Find works that will make you busy instead of focusing on your cravings. Take a walk around your neighborhood. Drinking lots of water also helps in staving off emotional hunger.
Can you adjust your HCG dose during the PMS stage?
Adjusting the HCG dose depends on how much weight you want to lose. Set an appointment with your doctor if you plan to change your dose. The HCG can work regardless if you are having PMS or not. If you are feeling constant hunger, you can increase your dosage. Avoid taking your HCG injections twice per day.
When your period comes, stop taking HCG but continue your diet. The hormones in your body during menstruation can interfere with HCG. Wait until your period is over before you take another dose. The diet hormone can stay in your body for three days. It can curb hunger even when you take a break from HCG injections. Eat healthy foods during the break to prevent menstrual cramps.