The immune system is the body’s defense against free radicals and diseases. Flu, colds and the latest viral disease which is the coronavirus disease can attack people with a weak immune system. The immune system also protects your body from harmful substances and cell changes that cause illnesses.
HCG diet and your immune system
As you lose weight through the HCG diet your immune system also improves. The HCG diet will improve your health through rapid weight loss. Improving your immune system is important especially during these times of COVID-19. The HCG diet also improves metabolic function and curbs your risk of developing diseases.
Few HCG diet-approved foods help in boosting your immune system. These are rich in vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C, and vitamin D. It also contains vital nutrients to maintain a healthy immune system. The food selection on the HCG diet focuses on whole and organic products. You can have veggies, fruits, and lean proteins
Five HCG diet-approved foods that improve your immune system
- Chicken– Chicken or chicken soup is relieving. Chicken soup helps ease in some inflammation in the throat caused by viral cough and colds. It is rich in vitamin B6 that helps in wide range functions of your body. Chicken meat is also a good source of protein that improves your muscle and bone health. Thus, curbs cravings and hunger during the VLCD. Protein is also vital in the formation of healthy blood cells.
- Garlic- Adding garlic to your HCG diet meals helps boost your immune system. Garlic has antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral properties. It is also good in lowering high blood pressure. You can add garlic to your food choices to improve the taste. It can also reduce inflammation caused by free radicals.
- Cruciferous vegetables- The vegetables that are approved during the HCG diet such as broccoli, kale, lettuce, and spinach boost your liver’s ability to flush out toxins. These vegetables are nutritious and have low-calorie levels. These vegetables are also rich in fiber that improves fullness in your stomach.
- Oranges and grapefruits- These fruits are loaded with fluids and vitamin C. Vitamin C is thought to increase the production of white blood cells. Oranges and grapefruit improve your immune system and help fight against diseases. These are also filling and delicious which can be a good HCG snack during the VLCD.
- Apple- eating apple per day lowers your risk of certain infections. It can help regulate the immune system and reduce inflammation. Apple is a good source of fiber and other nutrients. It is naturally sweet which makes it a replacement snack for your unhealthy foods. This fruit can also regulate your blood sugar levels by controlling the production of sugar in your body.
You can also improve your immune system by developing a proper eating discipline and lifestyle. The HCG diet can help you improve your immune system and fights against diseases. Losing weight through the HCG diet renews and strengthens your body cells to be able to fight against free radicals and viruses.