One key to a successful diet is food preparation. This will make you avoid eating more meals. Review the entire list before starting Phase 2. Take note of the allowed food during the VLCD. Make sure that you have everything you need for the diet.
Do your shopping ahead. Cheating on the protocol is one of the accidents on the diet. Shop all the foods you need at once. Make sure to plan your meals ahead. Do not cheat or skip a day of the diet.
Common HCG Diet Foods
These are common food that you can eat during HCG diet. These will be your guidelines for you not to spill your diet.
- Strawberries- Frozen strawberries last for 6 to 8 months. The fresh ones only last for 7 to 7 days. It’s up to you to buy the frozen or fresh ones.
- Grapefruit- Grapefruit lasts for 2 to 3 weeks in the refrigerator. You can have grapefruit in the beginning VLCD. Grapefruit will last for the entire duration. This is applicable if you are on a 26-day diet.
- Apples- They last for only a while. The apple can last for1 to 2 months when refrigerated.
- Oranges- Like apples, oranges also last for 1 to 2 months when refrigerated. You won’t need to purchase them very often.
Be careful in purchasing proteins. Frozen proteins stores much longer than the fresh ones. However, the quality can be affected. It is better to find a good source of organic meat. Make sure to buy the portions that you need.
- Lean ground beef- This will last for a few days. Ground beef will also last 7 days after it has been cooked.
- Beefsteak- Sirloin tip, top round or tri-tip steaks will last for a couple of days. This will also last for 7 days in the refrigerator after cooking.
- Fish- The fish that are allowed in the HCG diet only last for a few days. Freezer storage time depends on the type of fish to another. Cod can be stored for 6 to 8 months in the freezer if tightly sealed. Crab meat can be stored for 3 to 4 months in the freezer.
- Chicken- Chicken breast can be stored for 1 to 2 days in the fridge. It will last for 3 to 4 days after they are cooked. You may cook chicken breast ahead of time. This will last for 9 months in the freezer.
Freezer is Helpful in the HCG diet
The freezer can save you a lot of time. You don’t have to go out to buy every other day. You can buy foods that you need for a week or two and freeze them. You may also cook fresh ingredients. However, you need to shop very often. HCG diet protocol provides whole 500 calories on your daily meals.