Foods help supply energy to your body. It is important especially if you are maintaining your weight loss. Choose the foods that are filling and help you eat less and maintain fullness. Eating the allowed foods in weight loss maintenance can help you shed pounds. It is important to know that P4 is not about losing more pounds anymore. This is about maintaining your weight loss goal as you start to load on real foods.
Whole foods during the P4 of the HCG diet will help you sustain the needed energy for your body. This is when you will gradually add real foods that including sugar and carbs. You have to be extra careful during this phase. This is because you can still gain weight if you go beyond the healthy eating style. Sugar and carbs can be introduced back on your meal in minimal amount. The best option is the healthy carbs to avoid any weight gain or complications.
The gradual adding of foods during this phase is to help your body is adjusting. It will help your body adapt and adjust from VLCD to normal eating. You have to double your focus because you are not just adding back more foods but also calories. But, you are not allowed to go back to your unhealthy eating habits. Going back to unhealthy eating habits is more dangerous than heating. The unhealthy food choices from your indulgences will fill out toxins in your body. There are also habits that you need to stop because it may cause weight gain.
Manage your intake of foods especially if you are on the first week of the P4. Help your body to adjust more food choices and make sure that you will not end up gaining weight. The key to successfully maintain your weight loss goal is healthy loading and following the HCG protocol. Phase 4 is also the time that you can increase your exercise routine. This is allowed because you will not be doing VLCD. The light exercise routine can help you stave off calories in your body. This is also helpful in maintaining a healthy muscle, bone, and heart.
Foods you can eat back during the P4 of the HCG diet
- Eggs or lean meat- Eggs maintains your weight loss goal. It can work best during weight loss maintenance. The protein in the egg helps in burning extra fats. This is because it has low calorie and high in vitamin D. Eggs are also rich in zinc, iron, and minerals. You can also enjoy eating lean meat because it is also rich in protein. Lean meat keeps off hunger pains for the whole day. It keeps in staying full for the entire day. All cuts of lean chicken, pork and beef meat help preserve muscle mass and bone health during weight loss maintenance.
- Fruits- Fruits can solve indigestion and promotes digestion. It has low calorie and also rich in disease-fighting properties. It helps in boosting your metabolism and also treats various inflammations. Fruits are healthy choices for proper weight loss and it also helps in digesting starchy foods. Fruits are a good substitute for your unhealthy food indulgences. Eat fruits when you crave to eat sugar and other sweet foods.
- Oatmeal-It supplies your energy for the whole day. It is also good to jump-start your metabolism. Load on the exact amount of oatmeal because it also contains carbs. Choose to have organic oatmeal and enjoy your breakfast during P4. Load on oatmeal slowly because it may cause weight gain.
- Vegetable and another source of good carbs- vegetable are popular to weight loss. It lowers cravings and indulgences. It stabilizes your blood sugar and high cholesterol levels. The level of antioxidants helps in digestion and fighting against various inflammations. It also helps deal with indigestion and staves off a high intake of calories. The vegetable is rich in potassium, vitamins C, folic acid, vitamin A and other health benefits.
What are the foods you need to avoid on P4 of the HCG diet?
- White bread and rice
White bread and rice add up body fats. These food choices are not allowed during P4 but you can introduce it back sooner. Rice and white bread are loaded with carbs and eventually cause weight gain. Rice will cause you to overeat and it has lesser calories. You can have white bread after your entire journey of the HCG diet. This is also rich in vitamins and minerals.
Pasta is high in calories and carbohydrates. Carbs will cause you to eat more and lead to weight gain. It triggers your cravings and constant hunger pains. Pasta will add more fats and ruins the stability of your blood sugar. It can also affect your blood pressure levels.
- Fried potato
Fried potato and other fried foods are high in calories. It harms your cardiovascular health which promotes storing of fats. It stores stubborn fats in various parts of your body. Fried potatoes are the main cause of obesity. Unhealthy oils cannot just add your weight but also can cause diseases that may stop you from losing weight.
- Processed meat and meats with fats
Fatty meats are also rich in unhealthy cholesterol and calories. It raises your blood pressure which is dangerous even if you are not losing weight. Processed meats are loaded with unhealthy food chemicals which can affect the stability of your health. Stay away from processed products even after the HCG diet. You can enjoy whole and organic meat but do not eat processed meats. Fats can also sabotage your health and it is unhealthy.
- Junk foods
Avoid the foods that have seasonings, flavoring, food color, preservatives, etc. Junk foods have the same effect with processed foods because it is loaded with calories. Junk foods have a high level of calories but have no nutritional content. It is also loaded with sugar, fats and added unhealthy chemicals. Stay away from junk foods and other processed foods because they silently steal your healthy weight.