Sleep issues or insomnia is common even before starting the HCG diet. Insomnia can also be an effect of the HCG diet. It’s because of several changes in your body. There are some easy ways to mitigate insomnia and boost your sleep during the VLCD. Trouble in sleeping affects your progress on weight loss.
The importance of sleep on Phase 2 of the HCG diet
Sleeping plays a big role in your body for proper function. Complete sleep helps in burning calories and proper digestion. It also lowers high-stress levels that can be a potential cause of weight gain. Sleeping is important during the VLCD so that you can renew your energy. It also promotes a high metabolic rate.
What are the remedies for insomnia during the HCG diet?
- Have some chicken broth on your dinner. You can add a small amount of sea salt to improve the taste. Broth can help in preventing disturb sleeping. It gives glycogen to your liver so that it will not run out in the middle of the night.
- You can also drink a cup of tea as a remedy for trouble in sleeping. Tea can boost your brain focus and improve your mood.
- Try having a hot bath 2 hours before you sleep. It will relax your mind and body. A hot bath also produces calming effects on your nerves.
- Apply a gentle massage in your head or read some books to induce sleep
- Avoid using your mobile phone or watching televisions to relax your eyes
- Make sure you maintain good hygiene in your room. Fix your room especially the electronics to improve the ambiance.
- Avoid drinking too much liquid before sleeping s that you will not wake up for bathroom trips.
- Put your entire bed frame in a comfortable position
- Meditate or relax your brain before you go to bed
- Eat healthy meals to avoid food chemicals that affect your sleep. Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages because it spikes your energy.
Can you take sleeping pills during the HCG diet?
Supplements such as sleeping pills are not allowed during the HCG diet. It’s because of the active ingredients in pills that can interfere with the HCG. Instead of taking sleeping pills stick to natural remedies such as drinking tea. During the HCG diet, you cannot take other supplements because it might affect your progress.
Can you apply essential oils to improve sleep?
Avoid essential oils that contain animal oil. Your skin is the biggest organ in your body. Applying oils can affect the work of HCG because your skin will absorb them. The oil that you can apply to your body on VLCD is mineral oil. Consider relaxation techniques such as meditation instead of applying oils to boost sleep.
Does a lack of sleep can cause weight gain?
Gaining weight because of lack of sleep is possible. It’s because a lack of sleep increases stress hormones. These hormones can cause weakness, loss of energy, and hunger. It leads you to the starvation mode or stress eating. Stress hormones can also cause natural weight gain.