The second phase of the HCG diet is low-calorie intake. The foods that are allowed during this phase are those that can help you reach your weight loss goal. You will be looking out of sugar, carbs, oil, preservatives, salt, and food flavor. These are not allowed during the second phase of the HCG diet. Reading food labels is an important part of your eating routine. This will be able to help you get the best portion of foods that can help you lose weight.
The food labels will let you know the foods that can make you hungry. It will also help you determine which food has low calories and can help you full throughout the day. Food labels also make it easier to compare and find more nutritious foods. Thus, it helps you to have a healthy choice. This is because the food label indicates the number of calories, sugar, carbs, and other nutritional facts of a certain food.
The importance of reading food labels on P2 of the HCG diet
Reading food labels does not just help in having the right portion of foods for your VLCD. This can also help you avoid fatty foods that can affect the cholesterol level of your blood. It controls your intake of carbs and sugar. Contrariwise, you can also use it as a basis of having foods that are high in vitamins, minerals, protein, and fiber. The nutritional information of each food you purchase is found on the food label in every package.
This is a bit tricky but you have to do this as part of your routine during the VLCD. It can help you avoid all the food ingredients that may affect the work of HCG in burning your body fats. The food label is your way to understand the food and its benefits. If you have less knowledge about it you better ignore the misleading claims especially on the front of the food package. It is because it has health claims that will capture your attention. It can affect your choices especially if you are less educated about food labels.
Food label in each package
Food packaging is sometimes misleading and hard to determine the information listed. The best thing you can do if you have less knowledge is to avoid purchasing foods that have a long list of ingredients. This is very important especially when you are cutting your intake of calories, carbs, sugar, and fats. The ingredient that is listed first has the most amounts. That is why it is important to be familiar with the items that make up a food label.
What makes up a food label that you need to know during the VLCD?
- The amount per serving which shows the number of calories that is found in each serving you have or you purchase.
- It also has a list of the number of calories from the fat. This will help you limit your intake or avoid it totally during the VLCD.
- The food label also has the value of the item and the recommended amount for your daily intake. This includes the daily value of fats, protein, carbs, vitamins, and minerals.
- You also have to see the total fat. It is determined through the number of grams per serving of the food. You have to be careful with this especially on VLCD. You also have to check for saturated fats or the fats that are derived from plants and animals.
- There are also Trans fats or Trans fatty acids which are caused by liquid fat intake. Trans fats are liquid fats that are formed by undergoing process. This process will solidify liquid fats through hydrogenation. Trans fats are usually found in vegetable shortening, margarine, butter, etc. You are not allowed to have any amount of this fat because it is dangerous for your HCG diet.
- You also have to check the cholesterol content and the amount of sodium.
- Food label includes the total amount of carbs which includes simple and complex carbohydrates. If you see carbs in the food label you have to avoid it because it is not allowed during the HCG diet.
- Other items found in the food label are fiber, protein, and the percentage of the estimated nutrients per calorie of the food.
What are the foods that you need to avoid on P2 of the HCG diet?
Avoid carbs, sugar, fats, and other industrial food ingredients. This is because of the high-calorie content which may sabotage your weight loss. The VLCD only permits foods that are low in calories but have a high nutritional level. You also have to avoid drinks such as soda, fruit juices, diet soda, and energy drink because it has liquid calories. You are encouraged to have healthy food choices or those that are freshly picked and organic.
The food allowed during the second phase of the HCG diet
Compliance food is the food that is mostly allowed during the VLCD. These foods are carefully chosen to help you with your low-calorie intake. The list below is just an example of the compliance food allowed during the second phase of the HCG diet. For more food choices you have to refer to the HCG diet food list.
- Lean beef meat, chicken breast, and fish
- Hard-boiled egg, lobster, fat-free crab meat and shrimp
- Asparagus, spinach, lettuce, and broccoli
- Beet greens, celery, chicory, and cabbage
- Tomatoes, onions, and mushroom
- Cucumber, fennel, radishes, and cauliflower
- Apricots, apple, lemon, and oranges
- Grapefruits, strawberry, and blackberry
- Pear, peach, plum, and raspberries
The important things you must do during the P2 of the HCG diet
Aside from reading food labels, you must also observe proper food portioning. This is because it is useless to have the right kind of food but having too much of it. Remember that each food has calories. You also have to maintain the HCG shot to be able to promote rapid fat loss. The HCG will curb your hunger and resets metabolism. Weigh your food before cooking. Make sure you have the right amount of calories.