Snacking is still allowed during the HCG diet. However, it must be the right snacks. Right snacks are the foods that are recommended during the HCG diet. These are the foods that have low-calorie content and rich in vitamins and other weight loss benefits. Remember that the HCG diet does not allow any unhealthy food choices even snacks. The major contributor to obesity is the unhealthy snack choices that you indulge before.
The HCG diet does not just help you with eating transition but also with your eating style. You will be saying goodbye to your usual snacks such as burger, pizza, pasta, cookies, junk foods and chips. These are the contributor to weight gain. Avoid the easy-to-grab snacks in the food chains. Embrace proper snacking and start to be a responsible eater. You can choose healthy snack choices from your HCG diet food list. You have to be careful in your intake of calories during the HCG diet
Snacking is not the only way to keep off hunger. You also have to control your food indulgences. Stopping your food indulgences can help in suppressing your appetite. HCG diet does not restrict you from eating. However, it will teach you to restrict the foods that do not help lose weight. Snacking is a way of curbing hunger and cravings. But, it must be done in the right way.
What are the healthy snack foods allowed during the HCG diet?
- Apple- This is rich in fibers and has a very low calorie. It is also good for your brain health and has a high level of antioxidants. Antioxidants are shown to lower inflammation and reduce oxidation damage.
- Cabbage- It has a high level of fiber that is filling. It curbs hunger or cravings this is also used as a substitute for your unhealthy snack. Cabbages are rich in compounds that produce insulin. This helps lower blood cholesterol levels and it also improves digestion. Keep in mind that you are not allowed to mix vegetables in one serving.
- Cauliflower- It is rich in vitamins and minerals. It helps in boosting your mood by improving your brain health. This is a low-calorie substitute for high-calorie foods. It supports your digestion process during the very low-calorie diet.
- Almonds- It has a high level of vitamins and minerals and protein that helps in curbing hunger. The healthy fats in almonds will help in boosting your brain health. It also has a large amount of fiber that helps in digestion and keeps you full longer.
- Avocado- The creamy texture of the avocado is rich in omega 3 fatty acids. It is digested slowly and helps you improve your focus. Avocado is also helpful in controlling high-stress levels. The high levels of stress are the main cause of why you gain weight naturally. It can also cause you to do emotional eating.
Implementing snacking on HCG diet must be done properly. This is because it can also help you in stabilizing your weight loss. Healthy snacking helps you stabilize your weight loss without gaining a single pound. It means that you do not have to lose weight further. All you have to do is to balance the weight that you reach. Do not go back to your old eating habits once you are free from the 500 calorie diet. Slowly add your intake of calories by adding more food choices.
Weight loss stabilization is a part of the HCG diet that comes after the VLCD. This is the part where you do not need to lose weight and eat at least 500 calories a day. You have to be careful because this is a sensitive part of your diet. You have to be careful with the foods that you are going to introduce back on your diet. Make sure that everything that you have loaded must be burned. You still have to avoid all kinds or amount of sugar and carbs during this phase. Too much sugar causes diabetes, weight gain, and risk in heart health.
Ways for weight loss stabilization on HCG diet
- Start slowly and read food labels
You have to start it slowly to give your body time to adapt more foods. Read food labels and stay away from sugar and starches. Reading food labels will prevent you from loading unhealthy foods. This can also help you control your intake of calories. You still have to continue loading healthy food choices even after your very low-calorie diet.
- Prepare for setbacks
Things may not go as planned but it can be avoided or stopped. Setbacks can be controlled by creating a meal plan ahead. You also have o plan ahead on snacking and the number of snack foods you will be eating.
- Track your progress
You have to track the progress of your weight stabilization to make sure that you can do something right away in case of weight gain. You also have to track every single food you eat. Make sure that you keep a record on your intake of calories to prevent weight gain.
- Practice mindfulness
Mindfulness will help you determine physical and emotional hunger. It can also help you with food choices. Mindfulness is working out your body and mind in reaching your weight loss goal. Mindfulness can as well improve your focus and prevents you from stress.
- Do not skip any meal
Eating your meal is important for the support of energy. Do not depend on snacking because you might eat fewer calories than what is allowed. Skipping meals can also cause nutritional deficiency ad may lead to weight loss stall. Weight loss and weight gain is the result of the foods that you eat.
- Deal with stress and stay hydrated
Stress is one of the hindrances of weight loss. You have to deal with stress right away to curb the possible onset of its side effects. Water will help you deal with water retentions and keep off the toxins out of your body. It also maintains the proper flow of nutrients throughout your body.