Snacking is less needed during the HCG diet. The real purpose of snacking is to avoid prolonged hunger. Snacking must aid your body and not put your health at risk. However, it has been already a misconception nowadays. This is because you snack to find comfort in foods or just indulge foods in an unhealthy way. These are dangerous habits which may cause you to gain weight. Rapid storing of fats will happen especially if you are loading on unhealthy food choices.
Unhealthy snack foods are those food products that contain a high level of calories, fats, sugar, oil, food preservatives, and food flavoring. These foods are commonly the easy-to-grab snacks or the foods that you can just buy in restaurants and food chains. On the HCG diet, you will be ending your indulgences of these unhealthy food choices. You are not allowed to snack on burgers, ice cream, pasta, cakes, cookies, and pizza. You are also not allowed to have junk foods, soda, juices, alcohol, and other heavily processed foods.
How does the HCG diet help you in proper snacking?
The HCG diet will not just help you in weight loss. It will also allow you to transition and adopt new habits. This includes the proper way of snacking. Eating foods in-between meals is not totally banned during this phase but it is controlled. HCG diet controls not only the choice of snack you have but also the number of calories in each serving. You will be adopting new snack foods that can help you lose weight.
The HCG diet will also help you accomplish proper food portioning. Take note that snacking is only allowed when you experience physical hunger in between meals. Snacking is not a priority meal during the VLCD of the HCG diet. You can only snack to alleviate physical hunger pains. You are also not allowed to eat when you are stressed or you are just craving. This is to prevent the possibility of binge eating or stress eating.
Healthy snack recipe you can try during the P2 of the HCG diet
Cream of chicken soup
- This contains 1 lean protein and 1 vegetable
- You have to cook 100 grams of chicken
- Celery is an allowed amount and broth
- You also need a minced onion, parsley, and basil
- Add a grounded white pepper and a minimal amount of salt
How to cook:
You just preheat your pan and combine all ingredients. Pour water and allow it to boil. You can serve it right after 20 to 30 minutes.
HCG shrimp campi
- You will need shrimp meat for at least 100 grams
- Natural chicken broth with low salt
- 3 tablespoon of lime juice
- Garlic and onion powder
- Red pepper and salt
How to cook:
You can cook this in 5 minutes. You add the garlic to the other ingredients and cook it. Wait until the shrimp meat turns to pink and serve it hot.
The HCG cabbage chili
- You will need 100 grams of lean meat
- 100 grams cabbage and 100 grams ripe tomato
- 100 grams lean ground beef or chicken breast
- You also need two cups of water
- 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp chili powder, and 1 tsp oregano
- Garlic, salt, and pepper
How to cook:
You have to cook the lean meat fist along with minced garlic, water, and spices. When the water is boiling you add the cabbage and wait until it becomes tender. Add the tomato until it softens and serves.
Cinnamon apples for HCG diet
- You will need 1 green apple
- 1 packet of stevia ad 1 tbsp cinnamon
How to prepare:
Cut the apple in half and rinse it. Place in a microwavable container. Pour the stevia and cinnamon over apple halves. Place it in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes and serve.
Dehydrated vegetable snack
- 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- A minimal amount of sea salt and curry powder
- Stevia extract, ginger, and chili pepper
- Wash and a dried handful of Kale and 3 large radishes
How to prepare:
- Make up the dressing in a small bowl whisk all the ingredients except the kale and radish.
- In another bowl, you sprinkle half of the mixture to kale and lightly massage using your hands. Make sure that all the pieces are coated with the mixture
- Place it in a tray and allow drying in 135-degree heat for 4 hours
- Have the lemon juice as the base of your dressing to improve the taste
Other healthy food choices for P2 snacking
- Apple– It has enough fiber content that allows proper digestion. It is also filling and has low calories. Apples also have antioxidants that are shown to lower inflammation. It lowers oxidation ad damage in your body. You can have an apple during lunch and dinner or in between meals. This is also a healthy substitute for your sugar cravings.
- Cabbage- This vegetable can also be a low-calorie snack. The fiber content of cabbage will help you curb hunger during the VLCD. It also normalizes your blood sugar and blood pressure levels. This will also improve your digestion.
- Cauliflower- This is as beneficial as cabbage. Cauliflower will lower your stress and prevents you from having unhealthy cravings. It supports digestion and has low-calorie content which is helpful during the VLCD.
- Oranges and grapefruits- These fruit choices are allowed during the VLCD. These are low in calories and can help in controlling your appetite. It keeps your stomach full and fights against high blood sugar. It has antioxidants that lower your risk of kidney problems and other diseases.
Is it okay not to do snacking during the P2 of the HCG diet?
Yes. You can have days that you skip snacking as long as your stomach is full. You can stop your snacking routine when there are no cravings at all. Do not snack when you still have enough energy. The most important point is not to do snacking when you just want to satisfy your emotional cravings. This is not allowed if you are a binge eater.