There is always a right or wrong way of losing weight. That is why there is a guideline provided for you to follow. If you fail to follow the simple diet protocol you would likely fail in reaching your weight loss goal. If you cannot follow the basic rules of the diet you will just end up wasting your effort, time, and money.
Phase 2 of the HCG diet is referred to as the Very Low-Calorie Phase. This is a part of the diet in which you are to eat only 500 calories a day. The VLCD is usually for a period of 3 to 6 weeks depending on how much weight you want to lose. There are tough roads that you need to overcome to be able to successfully lose extra pounds.
The importance of following the HCG diet protocol
The diet protocol is the overall guide for your weight loss. It elaborates on the things that you must stop, do, and avoid for your weight loss. The diet guidelines will promote a healthy weight loss journey. It keeps you off from slipping or any diet failure. The HCG diet protocol has various dos and don’ts. It will ride you to a better life after your weight loss.
How much weight can you lose when you do the HCG diet?
If you follow all the basic rules of the diet protocol you can lose weight rapidly. Most of the HCG dieters have reported losing 2lbs per day. However, every person is different. You cannot compare yourself to the achievements of others. Your weight loss is also dependent on your weight loss goal. There are cases that your age and gender can also affect you. Sure thing is that you can lose weight fast and safely.
The DO’s during the P2 of the HCG diet
- Check the ingredients. This does not only apply to the foods that you are going to eat but also with other things that you are using during the VLCD. Take note that the HCG diet is also about the things that you are applying on your body that may sabotage your weight loss.
- You have to check the ingredients of the cosmetics, body lotion, and even the soap that you are using. Make sure that you are not using any oil-based products because it affects the mechanism of HCG in your body.
- Stay busy but don’t get stressed. Do some other things that do not involve food. Through this, you can be productive even if you are eating less. Keep your mind busy with good things. This is a healthy technique for preventing hunger and unhealthy cravings.
- You can split your meal if you are hungry. To help ease your hunger, you can split the 500 calorie meal into equal parts. This is to keep you something to eat anytime or when you get hungry. This is a smart way to stay full without going beyond the required calorie.
- You can take multivitamin or mineral with potassium along with HCG or you can have it separately.
- Be consistent with your weigh-ins. This is done at the same time each day. You must also set a regular time of dosing and administration of the HCG. This will help you maintain the HCG without any missed dose.
- Pounds and inches must be measured to track your progress. You can use the measuring tape to be able to see if there is any progress. Record everything on your diet journal including your daily dose and foods.
- Prepare your foods correctly especially on your meat choices. You can also satisfy your sweet tooth by replacing sugar with stevia. It is a safe sweetener that is recommended during your HCG diet.
Can you eat meat during the P2 of the HCG diet?
There are weight loss regimens that prohibit your form of eating meat. However, the HCG diet does not forbid you from eating meat as long as it is fat-free. You are required to have at least 100 grams of lean meat in every meal during the VLCD. Lean meat is a good source of protein that keeps you full all day. You can eat lean beef meat, fat-free fish meat, chicken breast, shrimp, and crab meat.
The HCG diet is not always an easy ride. There are usually things that you must stop to be able to lose weight fast. You have to adapt new habits and lifestyle so that the HCG can work properly in burning your body fats. Remember that HCG burns even the stubborn fats in hard to reach areas of your body. You just have to avoid the things that may sabotage the work of the hormone in your body.
Here are some DON’Ts during the VLCD of the HCG diet
- Do not eat the same type of foods every day to avoid boredom. Because once you get bored it will be easy for you to find comfort foods. You can use the HCG diet recipe or other recipes that are approved for your HCG meal.
- Losing weight has no shortcut road. That is why you have to stick to the protocol and do not cheat. Avoid the foods that give you comfort especially when you are emotionally craving.
- Do not stop abruptly the dosing if you do not see any progress. Observe and wait or re-asses to where you are going wrong.
- Don’t forget your HCG. Do not go on 24 hours without HCG dose. Avoid skipping dose for greater weight loss. In case you miss a dose you have to wait for the next day. Avoid double dosing to avoid hormonal issues.
- Do not eat right away when you feel hunger. Drink water and wait for 20 minutes before you decide to eat. There are cases that it is the only thirst. Waiting for 20 minutes will help you determine if it is psychological or physical hunger.
- Do not administer the HCG if you have menstruation. Take a break from your HCG but continue on your diet. Get back to your daily dose as soon as your menstruation is over.