Sugar and starches are a good source of energy. It helps your body organs to function well. However, too much starch and sugar can increase your risk of obesity. It can also contribute to a greater risk of gaining weight. Starch and sugar have high levels of calories that lead to the rapid storing of fats in your body.
Starch and sugar on HCG diet Phase 2
Sugar and starch are not allowed during Phase 2 of the HCG diet. You have to avoid these because it interferes with the work of the HCG in burning your fats. It leads to weight gain or delay of weight loss. Eating sugar or starch can also stimulate your appetite and triggers your cravings on unhealthy foods.
The dangers of sugar and starch to your HCG diet
- Stores fats and contains zero-nutrients- Too much sugar or starch does not give any benefits to your body and weight loss. These are empty calories that may put your health at risk. The empty calories will make the HCG ineffective in burning your body fats.
- Affects immune system function- Sugar a starch weakens the immune system. It leads to several diseases that make you vulnerable to diseases. Sugar and starch also run the risk of gaining too much weight.
- Sugar and starch can be toxic and dangerous- Consuming sugar and starch on a daily is toxic. It can kill healthy cells and damages your body in several ways.
- Triggers diseases- High intake of sugar and starches leads to diabetes, high cholesterol levels, and other chronic diseases. You are also at risk of dental disease and weaken your bones.
Foods that you must avoid during the HCG diet
- Sugar syrup
- Sweetened dairy products
- Pasta Rice
- Brown rice
- High fructose corn syrup
- Sweet potatoes
- Chocolate milk
- Processed drinks such as soda
- Fruit juices
- Dried fruits
- Energy drinks
These are just some of the foods that contain sugar and starch. Stick to the foods allowed during the HCG diet for healthy choices. Make sure to stay on the 500 calorie requirements per day during the HCG diet.
What will happen if you avoid sugar and starch during the HCG diet?
When you avoid sugar, the HCG will be able to reset your metabolism to normal. It can also successfully reduce your cravings to sweet and starchy foods. When you avoid sugar and starch, the HCG will start to work in burning your fats. It burns even the fats in the hard to reach areas of your body.
How will you deal with cravings on sugar and starch on VLCD?
You can avoid cravings on sugar and starch by staying hydrated. Drink an adequate amount of water per day to improve fullness. Loading on protein foods is also important to avoid cravings. Protein filled foods such as lean meats can improve fullness in your stomach. Fruits and vegetables are healthy replacement of sugar and starch. Choose the approved fruits and vegetables during the very low-calorie phase.