A healthy diet leads to a healthy lifestyle. It can increase your weight loss and curb diseases. A healthy diet lowers your exposure to possible weight-related diseases such as diabetes and hypertension. You need to develop total control over the foods that you eat. Make a healthy change by creating a healthy routine in preparing your foods. Learn to cook and prepare your foods at home for a healthy loading.
Food preparation during the VLCD
Preparing your foods at home can help you accomplish the 500 calorie intake per day. It will also give you time to portion your foods properly. Make sure that you do the grocery shopping ahead of time. Purchase the foods that are allowed during the second phase of the HCG diet. Buy foods that are low in calories or whole foods such as vegetables, fruits, and lean meat. Prepare the exact amount of food you want to eat for each meal.
Why preparing your foods at home is important on VLCD?
- It gives you maximum control over the foods you will be serving. You will also know the ingredients that you will be adding.
- You know exactly what you are eating at all times because you are the one who prepares it. You do not have to worry about the possible ingredients that your food has.
- Cooking your foods at home makes it easy for you to stay on track of your weight loss. You also have full control over the food portions.
- Cooking at home contributes to a healthier diet and saves calorie consumption.
- It can also allow you to save money, energy, and time. Thus, makes you happy.
- Cooking at home makes you reach your weight loss goal without slipping. It can be a big step closer to a healthy lifestyle.
Safety tips in preparing your foods at home
- Choose a healthy cooking method. Instead of frying your foods, have it boiled, steamed, or roasted. The HCG diet Phase 2 does not allow deep-fried foods. Oils and fats can affect HCG and lead to weight gain.
- Cook your food in a little water to be able to get most of the nutrients. Use herbs and spices that are approved for HCG diet phase 2. Avoid adding unhealthy ingredients such as food flavouring and additives. You also have to avoid adding sugar, starch, and too much salt.
- Avoid package foods such as canned vegetables and preserved meats. Packaged foods are already processed. It contains a high level of sodium and preservatives.
- Weigh your food choices before cooking. This is important to get the proper portion of foods for your VLCD. Make sure to weigh the lean meat raw and trim all the visible fats.
- Wash the vegetables and fruits properly. You also have to wash your hands and all surfaces to avoid infections and diseases.
- Do not overcook your foods. Cook them at a desirable temperature. Overcooking your foods will degrade its nutritional value. Buy organic foods as much as possible.