The quality of food is important especially when you are trying to lose weight. You cannot lose weight if you continue to eat unhealthy food choices. The foods that are also low in quality do not contribute any benefits to weight loss. You must see the quality of the food you have instead of quantity. It does not matter the amount of food serving. What matters that most are the quality of the food and nutrients that you get from each food choices.
Looking for qualitative food is not about its amount per serving. It is about what makes it and what its ingredients are. Some foods are high in quantity and may satisfy you. However, they are very low in quality. The foods on the HCG diet are carefully selected based on the nutritional value that we can get. The HCG diet allows for whole food choices. There are a specific number of proteins and other nutrients in each meal.
The HCG diet and the VLCD
The VLCD is a low-calorie intake of foods but not a low intake of the needed nutrients. This is because the foods that you will be eating have the complete nutrients that your body needs to stabilize your health as you try to lose weight. The HCG diet meals are chosen for the benefits of the body. It will help in maintaining a healthy body. They can stay on the diet without worrying about the nutrients they can get from food. VLCD is safe and excellent, especially on the food quality.
The benefits of the foods during the HCG diet
It prolongs your life and maintains a healthy metabolism. There will also be lower rates of diseases and you can reach your weight loss goal successfully. The foods during the HCG diet allow your body to have a big break from all unhealthy food ingredients. Always remember that the VLCD is only allowed as long as the diet hormone is in your system. It is better to stick on the food that is in the HCG diet food list.
The major nutrients for high-quality foods during the HCG diet
- Protein- Proteins are used to build blocks for your muscle, bones, skin, and blood. Choose lean protein choices and make sure to have proper food portion. Proteins will keep you off from getting hunger or cravings. The main source of protein is found in lean meats. These are high-quality protein sources. You can also choose from dairy products, nuts, beans, and poultry.
- Iron- This is useful in maintaining your blood health. Irons help eliminate fatigue. It treats anemia and produces healthy hemoglobin. It can boost immunity and restores your normal sleep. Sleeping will help you in renewing your energy and improve your focus in doing more for your weight loss. Iron is found in from green leafy vegetables, lean beef, and chicken breast.
- Calcium- It can help lower the risk of having high blood pressure. Foods that are rich in calcium are kale, broccoli, and collard greens. This is also helpful in maintaining bone health and prevents any bone-related diseases.
- Vitamin C and fiber- Vitamins fights against the attack of various diseases. One of the most effective vitamins for weight loss is Vitamin C. The foods that are high in vitamin C are grapefruit, oranges, lemon, and cauliflower. Fiber, on the other hand, helps in boosting digestion during the HCG diet.
What are the nutrient-dense foods allowed during the HCG diet?
It keeps you away from the risk of diseases that may affect during your weight loss. The high-levels of protein that is found in the fatty fish will also aid in keeping you full longer. It prepares your fats stores to aid in curbing hunger and cravings. It can also help your brain to improve focus and boost your mood.
- Lean meat
The high levels of protein are an important part needed for weight loss. It protects your muscle and bones as the HCG burn your body fats. This also prevents you from getting hungry and it curbs hunger pain during the day. This is also responsible for the growth of your body tissue and fights against diseases.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
It gives a normal function of your digestive system. Vegetable and fruits supply the exact nutrients needed for weight loss. The food choices during your HCG diet provide antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. You can have fruits and vegetable as a healthy replacement for your unhealthy food indulgences.
- Dairy products
These are allowed on phases of the HCG diet except on the VLCD. It keeps you stay full longer and it also aids in proper digestion. Keeping you full prevents you from loading too much food. Dairy products can also help your body in performing rapid fat burning.
- Spinach and Broccoli
Spinach and broccoli have low calories and it well fitted during VLCD. These vegetables have disease-fighting properties that keep your body healthy food the entire diet duration. However, do not mix two or more kinds of vegetables in one serving because each vegetable has a different amount of calories.
This fruit is used in the HCG diet as a weight loss plateau breaker. It can help you go back to your diet track if you have cheated on your diet. Make sure to eat the freshly picked apples than dried fruits. It is also rich in fiber ad weight-loss friendly.
This is one of the anti-inflammatory foods. It assists digestion and protects your body from having cancer. Asparagus is a great source of vitamin B and protects your body against free radical.
This vegetable has almost the same properties as asparagus. It helps in detoxifying and eliminating toxins from unhealthy foods. Cabbage is loaded with antioxidant that helps in fighting against cancer cells. It can also help in retaining food nutrients.
It boosts your metabolism and promotes cleansing in your digestive system. It stabilizes blood sugar and protects your DNA from oxidative damage. This can also help you deal with nausea and indigestion.