Dark leafy greens do not belong to top picks favorite food of all times. Why? It is due to their appearance and bland taste. But did you know that vegetables can improve your overall health? America’s favorite and top choices are pizza, pasta, burger, donuts, and other processed foods. Processed foods are culprits of obesity. They contain chemicals and additives that can interfere with the metabolic process of your body.
The HCG diet protocol does not permit processed foods because they can interfere with your weight loss. Start the process by consulting your doctor and setting a reachable weight loss goal. Ensure that you fill your pantry with allowable food choices during the HCG diet. Increase your vegetable intake because they have several benefits on the HCG diet.
Leafy greens have loads of nutritional punch to your body and, they are a versatile meal. Vegetable contains loads of fiber and essential nutrients for weight loss. They also contain antioxidants and minerals that boost your immune system. Eating vegetables on the HCG diet improves detoxification and prevents the accumulation of abnormal fats.
Why add more vegetables to the HCG Diet?
- Vegetables can improve eyesight. Aside from weight loss, leafy greens also contain nutrients that improve eyesight. Spinach, for example, contains lutein, carotene, and xanthene that boost your vision. It also contains antioxidants that reduce the attack of free radicals and prevents inflammation.
- Vegetables can improve brain function. Leafy greens contain folate, potassium, and antioxidants that reduce stress. Eating vegetables every day during the VLCD promotes blood flow and boosts your thinking skills and concentration. It also reduces your risk of Alzheimer’s disease. You can have at least two servings of leafy greens during the second phase of the HCG diet. But, avoid combining different types of vegetables in one sitting to prevent gaining additional calories.
- Vegetables can keep your heart healthy. Eating green and leafy treats can provide antioxidants. It strengthens your muscle and heart health during the HCG diet. Eating more vegetables than processed foods can also improve your overall health. It reduces cholesterol that causes hypertension, diabetes, and abnormal heart rate.
- Vegetables promote strong bones. Leafy greens contain calcium and vitamin K that improves bone health. Spinach, for example, contains magnesium, zinc, copper, and manganese that are essential to maintain strong bones. You can make a spinach smoothie or salad during the HCG diet. Maintaining your bone health are also beneficial in boosting dental health and prevents muscle loss.
- Vegetables can increase your metabolism. Aside from the promising effects of the HCG, eating vegetables can also boost your metabolic rate. Vegetable contains essential nutrients that assist in the development and growth. They also strengthen your immune system and prevent cravings. Vegetables contain fiber that improves your satiety during the second phase of the HCG diet.
- Vegetables prevent inflammation. Green and leafy treats contain compounds that prevent inflammation and protect your cardiovascular health. Eating vegetables also reduce your risk of cancer, gout, or arthritis. You can make vegetable soups on the HCG diet to improve your satiety.