The HCG diet phase 2 is the center of the weight loss program. You will start to consume a wide variety of nutrient-dense foods with low calories. The design of the second phase of the HCG diet will help you adhere to the dietary patterns. It increases your quality of life, weight, and health.
The wide variety of food references on the HCG diet does not permit dairy products. Dairy products are foods out of milk as the main ingredient. It includes the following items:
- Ice cream
- Dried milk
- Condensed milk
- Powdered milk
- Whey milk
Why are Dairy Products not Permissible on the HCG Diet?
You cannot have dairy products on the HCG diet is because of their fat content. The saturated fats in milk and beverages contain loads of calories that cannot work well with the HCG. It can also stimulate your appetite for unhealthy foods. Avoid dairy products as much as possible during the HCG diet.
Are There Dairy Products Allowable on Phase 2 of the HCG Diet?
Cottage cheese is permissible as a protein option on your HCG diet. You can eat cottage cheese for occasional substitute if lean meats are not available in the market. You can have at least 100 grams of fat-free and plain cottage cheese but, it is not something you can eat every day. Another option is the one tablespoon of milk that is allowable to your breakfast coffee every day. Opt for sugar-free and fat-free to prevent fluctuations.
What are the Disadvantages of Dairy products on the HCG Diet?
Dairy products are permissible before or during the first two days of taking your HCG shots. When you start the VLCD, avoid these items to prevent weight gain. You cannot have dairies on the HCG diet because:
- Dairy products are high in saturated fats that can lead to weight loss fluctuations.
- Most dairy products increase your blood cholesterol levels.
- It increases your risk of having heart disease.
- They interfere with the HCG in burning fats and suppressing your appetite.
- Another reason is it will not work well when you have lactose intolerance. It results in indigestion, diarrhea, and gastrointestinal issues.
- Most dairy products contain high sodium that results in water retention.
- Dairy products also have sugar and other sweeteners that trigger your body to deposit more fats.
- It has no significance in reaching your weight loss as most dairy products go through various processes.
How to Avoid Dairy Products on the HCG Diet?
Read the food labels and packaging before purchasing your grocery. Ensure that the ingredients do not have milk. Another tip is to get familiar with the food list to have a preference when you buy groceries. Stick to fresh and organic items on your VLCD.
Avoid strolling in the inner section of the grocery store because processed foods are visible in the inner area. It keeps you from food temptations and cravings. Load more on protein and fiber to maintain your satiety and prevent binge-eating sessions.