Constipation happens when there is no bowel movement than usual. It occurs when there is a change in your routine and diet. An inadequate intake of fiber trigger constipation. Inform your doctor when it lasts for a week or when you have bloody stool.
Are you struggling with constipation on the HCG diet? It is time for you to increase your intake of fibers. Constipation causes slight weight gain. But, consider that during the HCG diet, you are only eating less. It means that you are not likely to release stool because you are eating little.
Is constipation normal during the HCG diet?
Every food you eat and the amount of it is changing during the HCG diet. Having zero bowel movement for a day or two is normal. Avoid panicking to plan an action. It happens when your body is still adjusting to VLCD. A normal bowel function returns when the HCG starts to burn a large number of fats.
Water consumption affects bowel flow.
During the HCG diet, you need to drink two liters of water per day. It is vital for nutrition and blood flow. Water releases toxins from your body. Water also improves fullness during the second phase of the HCG diet. Take note that you cannot drink the two liters of water all at once.
On the HCG diet, it is also vital to eat the right foods. Opt for foods that have loads of fiber to improve digestion. Healthy meals such as vegetables and fruits keep everything in balance. The HCG diet prohibits the intake of pills that stimulates bowel movements.
Can you take laxatives during the HCG diet?
Laxatives are advisable when constipation lasts for a week or more. It is not a big issue during the HCG diet. They are normal but if you haven’t had a bowel movement in over four days, inform your doctor. You can also take OTC medications in case of emergency. Choose the Miralax laxative powder. Drink it as per instructions in the packaging.
How to prevent constipation?
Here are a couple of things you can do when you struggle with constipation:
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Walk around for 2o to 30 minutes. Ensure you are not hungry or tired.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits. Serve them as half-cooked or raw.
- Eat fewer portions of foods that have less fiber.
- You can also drink tea or coffee.
How to relieve constipation during the HCG diet?
Below are some things you can do if you already have constipation on the HCG diet:
- Water therapy or constant movements
- Make lemon juice out of freshly squeezed fruit. Add stevia to improve the taste.
- You can also make apple juice as a substitute for OTC laxatives.
- Make a spinach smoothie for breakfast.
- You can drink tea before bedtime.
- Apricots and peach can also soften your stool.
Fresh vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber. You can use them as a substitute for laxatives. Eat vegetables and fruits like: