People gain weight and increase the fat deposition due to excessive calorie intake. Unhealthy eating habits are also a contributor to weight gain during the HCG diet. It includes uncontrolled cravings and other factors that will sabotage your weight loss. An excessive calorie intake and physical inactiveness lead to fat deposition in stubborn areas in the body.
There are several causes of weight gain during the HCG diet. Some of them are due to fluctuations that may happen from time to time. But, avoid panicking if you are not cheating on your diet. Weight loss fluctuations are typical but, they will be gone when the HCG spreads in your system. Proceed as Normal on your weight loss process. But, if the weight gain is due to cheating, ensure to do something about it right away.
The causes of Gains and Stalls on the second phase of the HCG Diet:
- Excessive sodium in your food
- Ovulation, PMS, and menstrual cycle
- Carb consumption (miracle noodle)
- Lack of fiber
- Unhealthy food choices
- Improper plan and schedule for HCG injections
To reduce your risk of unwanted weight gain, follow the meal plan on the HCG diet. Avoid eating calorie-loaded foods because it can interfere with your progress. Medications can also cause weight gain. Start the HCG diet by reducing the number of calories you eat until you reach the daily meal allocation on the VLCD. Talk to your doctor before starting the HCG diet for recommendations if you are taking medicine.
Water Retention and Weight gain during the HCG Diet
Salty foods can increase your water weight because it causes the body to hold water. Avoid eating salty foods or soups to give way to release your water weight and continue losing weight. Ensure to maintain a balance of sodium and fluid in your body to ensure a healthy weight loss. Track your progress every day to determine gains and losses.
You can also stave off water retention by incorporating some light exercise. But, avoid overdoing exercise to prevent fatigue and hunger. A low-intensity exercise routine can help in shaking off stubborn fats and calories. It can also boost your metabolic rate and continue your weight loss. Incorporate at least 10 to 15 minutes of light activities when you experience water retention.
Other ways to deal with unwanted weight gain on the HCG Diet:
- Stick to the protocol. Ensure to load 500 calories per day during the VLCD to boost the mechanism of the HCG. Avoid unhealthy food choices and processed drinks to maintain your blood sugar. Processed foods can stimulate your appetite and increase fat deposition.
- Drink lots of water. Maintain your hydration to improve the flow of toxins out of your body. It also boosts the distribution of nutrients and blood flow during the fat-burning stage. Water can also stabilize your temperature and prevents dehydration after exercising.
- Administer the HCG shots. The HCG produces appetite suppressing effects and manages your eating habits. It increases your energy and boosts the fat burning rate during the VLCD. Ensure to administer the HCG shots every day to stave off the unwanted weight gain.