Metabolism is a chemical reaction maintaining the living state of the cells. It is a process of changing food into fuel for your body. Metabolism powers your body function in moving and thinking. Protein-rich foods on the HCG diet help in improving metabolism. The HCG diet has lots of roles to offer in boosting your metabolic rate.
Your weight depends on your metabolic rate. It dictates how many calories you burn each day. Some people believe that exercising increases metabolic rate. A high metabolic rate leads to fast weight loss. Incorporating an exercise routine burns excess calories.
Does exercising help boost your metabolic rate?
Exercising can increase muscle mass and teaches the body to burn calories at a high rate. It restarts your metabolic rate and starts burning fats. Working out is a kick start of a high metabolic rate. The light activities that increase metabolic rate are:
These activities modulate your RMR or resting metabolic rate. Easy workouts are permissible for ten to fifteen minutes. Ensure that you are not tired or hungry when you work out.
Home workout the improves metabolic rate
#1- Chair dips. It improves the tone of your core and triceps. Your thigh is one of the hard-to-reach areas of your body when burning fats. Chair dips can assist in burning fats in your thigh.
How to do the chair dips?
- Sit on the edge of the chair. Ensure that it supports your weight.
- Bend your knees and feet flat on the floor.
- Place your hands six inches apart and hold the edges of the chair.
- Slide off the chair and keep your body pointing straight to the floor.
- Ensure that your head is in the center of your shoulders.
- Work on your triceps by bending your elbows.
- Push your weight back up when your upper arms go parallel to the floor.
#2- Push-ups. It improves your upper body strength. Push-up increases metabolic rate.
Make push-ups more challenging by:
- Keeping your abs tight and align your body.
- Add weights to your back and start pumping.
- Do the push-ups for five minutes.
#3- Squats. It reduces injury and strengthens your core. It lick starts the resting metabolic rate.
To do a squat, you have to:
- stand with your fit parallel at your hips.
- Bend your knees and lower your back.
- Start to come down as if you are sitting in a chair.
- Rise back when your knees reach ninety degrees.
- Return to a standing position and repeat the process.
- You can also add weights to make it challenging.
#4- Plank exercise. It tones your chest, back, and arms. Planking strengthens your backbone and develops your posture. It is also helpful in boosting your metabolic rate.
Get to Plank position by:
- Position your body as if you are doing push-ups.
- Hold on to the position and feel your weight.
- Put your wrists below your shoulders and arms straight out.
- Hold it for thirty seconds to one minute.
- Make it challenging by switching your other leg for half a minute.
- You can also do a side position by holding one arm on the ground sideways.