Flu is an illness that spreads from one person to the other due to a virus. Its treatments are some OTC products and immune-boosting supplements. The common symptoms of flu are:
- Runny nose
- Body pain
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain
Everybody gets the flu regardless of their age. There are ways you can do to avoid it when you are on the HCG diet. Avoid the OTC flu medications because they may interfere with your HCG diet. There are natural remedies you can follow when you catch the flu during the HCG diet.
Here are Flu Remedies During the HCG Diet
- Water. Hydration keeps your boy full and fights against the virus. It flushes the causes of headache and runny nose.
- Oregano. Squeeze an oregano leaf and add the juice to warm water. It has antiviral properties that fight against the flu virus. It can also calm an upset stomach by stimulating bile flow.
- Eucalyptus oil. It will stop the congestion in your nose due to its mint smell. It clears the air passage and prevents sinuses. Get an adequate amount of sleep to alleviate headaches.
- Ginger. It is a natural spice that you can use as a remedy for flu. It calms down an upset stomach and prevents nausea and vomiting. Drink a cup of ginger tea when you catch the flu virus.
- Salt and water. If your throat is burning, you can gargle warm water with salt. Salt kills bacteria in your mouth. You can repeat the process several times to get rid of bacteria.
- Warm shower. It helps your body relax and fight against the flu virus. Get a steamy shower for 20 minutes to battle the flu. You can also run the humidifier if you are not comfortable taking a bath.
- Vitamin C. It boosts your immune system and fights against free radicals. You can get vitamin C from allowable supplements on the HCG diet. Grapefruits and oranges have loads of vitamin C that you can eat during the HCG diet.
- Get exposure to sunlight. Get up early in the morning and enjoy the sunlight. It will boost your immune system and fight against viruses and bacteria. Sunlight is the direct source of vitamin D.
When to Seek Medical Attention?
Inform your doctor if the flu lasts for a week or two. Get medical attention when you experience chills, difficulty in breathing, and high fever. Take a break from administering your HCG shots when you have medications for the flu virus. Get back to your HCG diet once you recover.
What Will you do When you Catch the Flu on the HCG Diet?
Start to isolate yourself or stay away from crowded places to avoid spreading the virus. Flu-like symptoms are also signs of coronavirus diseases. Ensure that you wear a mask and clean your hands from time to time. Seek medical attention right away to avoid the worst situations. Avoid doing a home treatment when you have severe symptoms.