With the travel schedule, celebrations, surgeries, and health concerns coming up, you can take a break from the HCG diet. Make planned interruptions to give a grace period and avoid cheating on the protocol. The interruption period is permissible for a week or two to give your body a rest.
Tips For Implementing Planned Interruptions on the HCG Diet
- Stop taking the HCG injections as eat Phase 3 style. You can load 800 to 1200 calories per day during the grace period.
- While on the break, ensure you load more protein, low-carb meals, and fiber-rich foods.
- A planned break can last up to ten days when you go beyond the period requires a prescription from your diet doctor. Avoid doing it when your goal is to indulge in unhealthy treats because it will waste your money and time.
- Decide when you are going to get back on track to avoid issues in the later phase.
- Avoid processed foods, sugar, oil, fats, and unhealthy sweeteners to avoid weight gain.
- Get back to your HCG diet after the break period and consider the loading days if you gain weight.
What are the Foods You Can Eat on the Break Period on HCG Diet?
- Beet greens, celery, and asparagus
- Cabbage, cucumber, and chicory
- Chard, fennel, and onions
- Radish, zucchini, and spinach
- Tomatoes, lettuce, and broccoli
- Capers, carrots, and cauliflower
- Brussels sprouts, yellow squash, and green beans
- Peppers, kale, and mushrooms
- Shredded greens
- Beef, chicken, shrimp, and lobster
- Fish, tuna, egg, and crabmeat
- Low-fat salmon and ground bison
- Apple, orange, lemon, and peach
- Pear, apricots, grapefruit, and plums
- Cranberries, raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries
- Curry paste and lime juice
- Grissini breadsticks and Melba toast
Increase your intake of protein-rich and fiber-rich foods to promote satiety without adding more calories.
How Many Calories Can You Eat on the Interruption Period of the HCG Diet?
Ensure that you load from 800 to 1200 calories per day during the interruptions. Get most of your calories from healthy food groups. A break period does not mean that you can eat whatever you want on your indulgences. Stick to healthy options and plan for improving your lifestyle when you get back to the HCG diet.
Foods to Avoid on the Break Period of the HCG Diet
- Chocolates, ice cream, and white bread
- Pizza, burgers, ham, and bacon
- Potato chips, chicken nuggets, bagels, and pastries
- Cookies, candy bars, soda, alcohol, wine, and beers
- Salad, fatty cheese, cream, cheese, and milk
- Fruit juice, sugar syrup, corn syrup, and artificial sweeteners
- Creamy soups, dried fruits, and canned vegetables
- Frozen foods, sugar-added smoothies, and creams
There are also several products you need to avoid during the interruption period. Avoid using creams, lotions, and cosmetics that have animal fat on their ingredients. They can cause weight loss problems when you get back on the HCG diet.
Can You Still Lose Weight After the Break Period?
The HCG works the same as how it works before the interruption period. You can continue to lose pounds when you stick to the diet protocol. Go back to your HCG injections after the break period and maintain the VLCD.