The original script by Dr. Simeons does not permit any exercise on Phase 2. But, there are cases that you can incorporate with caution. Light activities improve your result on the HCG diet protocol. Avoid working out when you are tired or hungry. Intense workouts elevate stress levels.
Modern programs of HCG diet permits light to moderate exercise. It is permissible as long as you stick to low-calorie intake. The new approach on the HCG diet allows moderate exercise. You can eat up to 700 rather than the usual 500 calories.
HCG Diet and exercise
Activities such as walking, cycling, swimming, and yoga are permissible. Stop incorporating them when your progress slows down. The HCG injection helps in weight loss even without hitting the gym. There are some fun activities that you can add while you stay at home. It maintains your body in a fat-burning mode.
Four activities that boost the effect of HCG diet while staying at home
#1-The Chair-dip. It improves the tone of your core and triceps. The areas in your thighs are hard to reach when you do a regular diet. The chair-dip exercise triggers fat burning in these areas.
- Keep your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Place your hands about apart and firmly grip the edge of the chair.
- Slide off the chair and keep your upper body pointing straight to the floor.
- Keep your abs in a crunching position with your head in between your shoulders.
- Do a straight line and push yourself back when your arms are parallel to the floor.
- Put your feet far from the chair and go down for the dips.
- Straighten your legs by placing your heels on the floor.
- Repeat the process for three minutes.
#2- Push-ups. It can tone your chest, abs, and shoulders. It is one of the known exercises for low-calorie dieters. Do it by:
- Keeping your body straight and your abs tight.
- Align your body for the best results.
- Push your weight as if you are pushing the floor. Maintain it for two to three minutes.
- Add some light weights on your back if you want it to be challenging.
#3- Squats. It can improve the tone of your hips and butt. Squatting is hard. Avoid doing these when you are prone to exhaustion. To do the squats by:
- Stand with your feet parallel and at the width of your hips.
- Bend your knees and lower your back as if you are carrying your weight.
- Come down or make a sitting position until you reach ninety degrees.
- Rise slowly in full standing position. You can also do jump squats if you still have some vitality.
#4-The plank exercises. It can tone your forearms, chest, and back.
- Position your body as if you are doing a push-up
- Hold your position until you feel your weight.
- Feel the pressure of your body mass in the balls of your wrists, feet, and below your shoulders.
- Hold on to that position for two minutes. You can also increase the challenge by doing it on one foot or side plank.