Meal planning for the HCG diet is challenging. Eat foods that are easy to make and healthy food on your HCG diet. Avoid eating processed foods or picking something from restaurants. If you have a tight schedule at work, ensure you make your meals ahead. Ensure to eat foods that keep you full for a long time.
The first meal of the day on Phase 2 of the HCG diet is during lunch. It is the time that you eat solid foods which are not allowable during breakfast. Avoid skipping your lunch as it results in nutritional deficiency and starvation.
Will the body go into starvation mode when you wait for lunch to eat foods? The answer would be no. The HCG deals with your hunger pangs and controls your appetite. It means that even when you eat few, you can avoid starvation. Ensure to eat healthy treats that keep you full longer.
Here are some ideas for lunch during the HCG diet
#1- CRUNCHY ASIAN SALAD
- Two cups of lettuce or spinach
- One medium-sized chopped orange
- 100 grams of chicken breast
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- One drop of stevia
- One piece of Melba toast
- Clean and chop the chicken into dice.
- Cook the chicken in boiling water.
- Add the lettuce, orange, garlic, and stevia.
- Break Melba toast into small pieces.
- Spray some homemade citrus dressing if you want.
#2- LOBSTER TAIL AND VEGETABLE
- 100 grams of lobster tail (diced)
- Two tablespoons of the lemon juice
- One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- A pinch of chopped green onion
- A pinch of celery
- Black pepper and salt
- Use a small serving dish to put all the ingredients.
- Put the lobster in the serving dish.
- Add onion and celery.
- Mix the ingredients properly to distribute the flavor.
- Put some salt and pepper to improve the taste.
#3- TOMATO BASIL SOUP
- One cup of water
- One cup of chicken broth
- Two sliced tomatoes
- Three ounces of approved tomato paste
- Four leaves of basil (sliced)
- Two cloves of minced garlic
- Two tablespoons of chopped onion
- One teaspoon of oregano
- One pinch of marjoram
- Black pepper and salt
- Put all the ingredients in a blender.
- Pour the ingredients into a saucepan and allow them to boil.
- Simmer in low heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot, and you can also add some basil.
#4- ASPARAGUS SALAD
- Three tablespoons of lemon juice
- Asparagus spears
- One tablespoon of minced onion
- Mint leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley (optional)
- Steam asparagus until you get the tenderness you want.
- Immerse in juices and spices for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Ensure the marinade is HCG diet-friendly.
- Serve while it is hot.
Ensure that you weigh the foods before eating. Use the food scale and other cooking tools in measuring the ingredients.
Can you eat salad for lunch during the second phase of the HCG diet?
Salads are a great meal option but not for your VLCD. Salad includes a combination of two or more vegetables and other ingredients. It only means that you are combining different amounts of calories in one. Avoid mixing vegetables during the second phase of the HCG diet.