Let go of your food indulgences during the HCG diet because they can interfere with your progress. The HCG diet is not a miracle program that can cause weight loss in a snap. Put your commitment and time into healthy weight loss. Reducing your calorie intake during the HCG diet does not mean depriving yourself. You can enjoy tasty treats during the HCG diet without adding calories.
Alternative options are healthy foods that are advisable to prevent the feeling of deprivation. The typical food swaps are eating fruits than digging on cookies and sweet treats. Fruits can mimic the flavor of sugar but, it does not add more calories. You can have limited fruit choices on the HCG diet but, they can help you get through the HCG diet.
Snacking on chips and baked treats is also not permissible because they can cause weight gain. Processed food contains loads of sodium that can cause weight loss stalls. Instead of unhealthy snacking, you can prepare some vegetables to boost your satiety. The approved vegetables during the HCG diet have several nutrients and minerals. Vegetables are rich in fiber that can suppress hunger and detoxifies the body.
Some Healthy Alternatives on the HCG Diet:
- Instead of flavored coffee creamer, you can use stevia. Unsweetened coffee is permissible during the second phase of the HCG diet. You can add stevia to mimic the sweetness of the actual sugar. You can also use stevia in other recipes but ensure you maintain a 500 calorie intake every day.
- Instead of using balsamic vinegar, you can try freshly squeezed lemon juice. It is a healthier option than other products.
- Avoid using cooking oil or spray during the HCG diet. You can substitute it with fat-free chicken broth or change your cooking method. Using cooking oils during the HCG diet can interfere with your progress. Fatty foods are also not permissible because they can increase your cholesterol levels.
- Avoid using dressings, salad creams, marinade, condiments, and sauces because they can stimulate your appetite. You can substitute it with lemon juice with crushed garlic. Purchase condiments that do not have starch, oil, or sugar.
- You can also use spices instead of resorting to flavored condiments in the grocery stores. Use garlic, ginger, rosemary, basil, and pepper. These herbs and spices are low in calories. Get creative with your HCG diet recipe but ensure you are using healthy spices.
- Substitute the flavored drinks with unsweetened tea or water during the HCG diet. The carbonation process of processed drinks can affect the nutritional value of the foods. They can also stimulate your appetite during the HCG diet. Ensure to drink at least 2 liters of water per day to improve detoxify and stave off excess calories.
If the permissible food option is not available in the grocery store, you can buy it at the local farmers’ market. They have freshly picked food products. Eating organic foods prevents you from chemicals, additives, growth hormones, and GMOs. Stick to the HCG diet protocol throughout the HCG diet to improve your weight loss.