One of the habits that you can incorporate during the HCG diet is slow eating. It may seem not too important but it plays a big role in food processing. Slow eating can help you lose weight and it is beneficial on Phase 2 of the HCG diet. One of the benefits of slow eating is achieving better digestion on the HCG diet. It can also help to attain better hydration and weight loss maintenance.
Slow eating on Phase 2 of the HCG diet
Phase 2 of the HCG diet only allows you to consume 500 calories per day. If you eat so fast you will more likely to eat more than 1000 calories. Eating slowly will prevent you from overeating. Thus, gives your brain and body enough time to process your foods.
How does eating slowly help you on the VLCD of the HCG diet?
- Eating slowly helps you control calorie intake- When you eat slowly you tend to lower your intake of calories. It leads to spontaneous weight loss in the long run. Eating slow can help you control your calorie intake on the HCG diet.
- Eating slowly controls your food potions- You can achieve proper food portioning when you eat slowly. This is because you are aware of the foods that you eat. Eating slowly can help you track your food consumption and makes you feel full right away.
- Eating slowly ends up feeling less hunger- This way of eating controls cravings and hunger. Eating slow makes you enjoy the foods that you eat without having too much. It improves fullness in your stomach because the foods that you eat are digested properly. Eating slowly allows your brain to signal that you’re full.
- Eating slowly improves digestion- Digestion starts in the mouth throw proper munching of the foods. If you eat slowly you chew your food properly which gives your digestive organs ease during digestion. It improves greater satisfaction with the foods you eat even if you are consuming few calories. Eating slowly can also help in getting the most nutrients from the foods you eat.
- Eating slowly makes food more satisfying- When you slow down in eating you get to enjoy the foods that you are eating. This makes you enjoy every HCG diet-approved foods that you will be eating. It also prevents you from eating all the 500 calorie meals all at once.
The science behind eating slowly
Science explains that eating slowly helps you feel satiated. It allows your brains to send signals to your body to stop eating. Slow eating prevents you from overeating. This eating habit is so much use during Phase 2 of the HCG diet.
How will you stop fast-eating during the VLCD of the HCG diet?
- Stop eating junk foods and other processed foods
- Avoid appealing foods such as pizza, pasta, and deep-fried meats
- Prepare your foods ahead of time to avoid having too much
- Slow down your pace and listen to your brain signals
- Be mindful on every food choices and food ingredients you are loading