The HCG diet restricts sugar, carbs, and other foods that convert to sugar because they increase your risk of having diabetes. High blood sugar causes hunger and, it also injures your blood vessel. Foods that have loads of carbs increase the fat deposition in your body.
The body uses carbohydrates as a source of energy before protein and fat. But, too much of it increases fat deposition and affects your metabolic rate. When the metabolic rate slows down, it will give you a hard time losing weight. Too many carbs in the body reduce your physical activities and put your health at risk for weight-related diseases.
How does the HCG Eliminate Unhealthy Carbs?
- The HCG sends detoxifying effects in your body and staves off chemicals that cause weight gain.
- It resets your metabolic rate for rapid fat-burning during the second phase of the HCG diet.
- During the fat-burning phase, your body is releasing toxins and chemicals that cause fat deposition.
- The HCG diet limits your calorie intake to 500 a day. It only means that you are reducing the calories you get from unhealthy foods.
- During the VLCD, you can only eat healthy food choices that have zero carbs and sugar. It results in rapid weight loss and, you can shift to healthy habits without causing other issues.
- The HCG reduces the blood sugar level and prevents you from getting occurrences of hunger.
- It increases the balance of your hormones and lowers stress levels.
What Happens When You Eat Unhealthy Carbs on the HCG Diet?
It slows down your progress on the weight loss program because it interferes with the HCG. Unhealthy carbs increase the fat deposition than the burning of excess calories in your body. They also trigger your appetite and, you will resort to processed foods.
Why Does Unhealthy Carbs Cause Hunger?
Unhealthy carbs spike up sugar that triggers the sensations of the reward center of your head. As a result, your body pulls energy from muscle and bones instead of getting them from the burned fats. Unlike vegetables, carbs do not contain dietary fiber that keeps your satiety. Carbs stave off hunger but, they will not last for a lengthy time. Your body digests them right away and, it increases your risk of cravings.
How to Avoid Hunger on the HCG Diet?
The obvious solution is to avoid foods that contain carbs, sugar, and starch because they are the causes of hunger. Increase your water intake during the VLCD to flush out food toxins that cause hunger pangs. Take your HCG shots in combination with healthy, low-calorie, and filling foods. Manage your food intake and ensure you are reading product labels before cooking. Opt for fiber and protein-rich foods to prevent starvation.
Foods to Avoid to Prevent Loading Carbs on the HCG Diet
- Avoid eating breakfast cereals
- White bread
- Cookies and muffins
- Donuts and pastries
- Flavored yogurt
- Baked potato
- Fried potato
- Sweet potato
- Whole grains
- Burgers buns
- Raisins, banana, and mango
- Corn and beets