Two types of hunger can occur during the HCG diet. It’s physical and psychological hunger. Physical hunger is a signal that you need to eat. Psychological hunger on the other hand is also known as emotional hunger. It is a product of your emotions that leads to cravings. During the HCG diet, you can only eat foods when you are physically hungry. Giving in to emotional hunger may lead you to weight gain.
The first week of phase 2 of the HCG diet is an adjusting period. Allow your body to slowly regulate to fewer calorie intakes. Hunger is common during the first few days of the HCG diet. It is normal because your body is still in the process of adjusting. Controlling hunger often involves food. However, during the HCG diet, you need to consider other ways to control hunger.
What is binge eating?
Binge eating is an eating disorder that involves large quantities of food. It is a disease that causes obesity, heart attack, and stroke. Binge eating disorder is treatable through following a healthy diet and the guidance of a dietician. Binge eating and overeating are similar in some cases which you need to stop during the HCG diet.
How to control hunger on the HCG diet without binge eating?
- Space your meals- Instead of eating two meals per day. You can eat five small meals. You can divide the 500 calorie meal into five different settings so that you stay full the whole time. By spacing your meal you can stay full and avoid hunger.
- Come up with a routine– Start your day with a healthy routine. Enjoy your cup of coffee or tea in the morning or eat the whole fruit. It will keep you full until lunch. Come up with a healthy routine that will not affect your VLCD.
- Eat vegetables- The high fiber content in HCG-approved vegetables can make you stay full. There are various vegetable choices you can eat but avoid mixing them in one meal. Vegetables have fewer calories and can boost satiety. It makes you stay within the 500 calorie limit during phase 2 of the HCG diet.
- Carry a meal with you- Bring your meal wherever you go to avoid cheating. When you don’t bring your meal, there is a tendency that you will buy high-calorie foods. When hunger comes, you can have easy-to-grab food in your bag which is safe for your HCG diet.
- Stay hydrated– Water helps eliminate chemicals that cause hunger. It also helps the HCG in cleansing from toxins from the burned fats. Stay hydrated to curb hunger and maintain satiety longer. You can also drink tea or coffee anytime you want as long as it is sugar-free. The caffeine in coffee is an appetite suppressant that gets you through without snacking.
The HCG injection is effective in controlling hunger and binge eating sessions. It improves fullness and satisfaction even when you are on VLCD. Taking HCG shots every day can control hunger without involving foods.