Intermittent fasting is an eating pattern where you cycle between periods of eating and fasting. There is no actual list of the foods you can eat and the products you have to avoid. You can follow several methods when you do intermittent fasting. Most of the process of fasting includes splitting the day or week into eating and abstaining periods.
What is Fasting?
It is the refrainment from eating and drinking. The origin of the purpose of fasting is for spiritual discipline. You have to avoid drinking or eating something for several hours to achieve your goals. Fasting refers to the metabolic status before and after the process. It helps in boosting digestion and absorption of nutrients from the food you eat.
Intermittent Fasting on the HCG Diet. Is it Allowable?
The answer is YES. Intermittent fasting and the HCG diet are permissible but, it is not something that you can do every day. On the HCG diet, you are already following a low-calorie regimen that has similarities to fasting. Intermittent fasting lowers your calorie intake during the period and allows detoxifications.
The VLCD on the HCG diet brings similar effects to your body but, they are beneficial than fasting. The breakfast pattern on the HCG diet is already a typical process of fasting. You are not permissible to resort to solid foods. Your breakfast on Phase 2 of the HCG diet is a cup of coffee or tea. It will boost your metabolic rate to begin the fat-burning.
When can you Incorporate Intermittent Fasting?
- You can follow the Intermittent fasting method to stave off chemicals during accidental cheating.
- Incorporate intermittent fasting when you have a goal of overcoming your cravings for specific foods.
- You can incorporate the regimen when you have other issues with the HCG diet. Ensure that you are taking the HCG injections at the same time each day.
- Begin intermittent fasting when you have enough information on how the regimen works. Take notes of its effects on your body. Stop the process when your weight increases or when you reach a plateau.
How Long can you do Intermittent Fasting on the HCG Diet?
The HCG diet permits 12 to 18 hours of fasting. Before you start the process, ensure that the HCG works in your system. The hormones aid the body in preventing hunger pain. Avoid doing the process when you skip the HCG dosage because it leads to several imbalances in your body. Follow the diet protocol during the process to prevent weight gain.
What are the Benefits of Intermittent fasting on the HCG Diet?
- It manages your blood sugar levels and increases the fat-burning rate on the HCG diet.
- Fasting increases the metabolic rate. Nonetheless, you have to do it with caution because it can also increase your appetite.
- Intermittent fasting reduces your risk of memory problems because it staves off the toxins that block your brain.
- Intermittent fasting also increases your progress and helps you get through the VLCD without causing issues.
- The same with the VLCD, fasting can also assist the HCG during the fat-burning phase of the HCG diet.