Weight loss on the HCG diet is fast and straightforward. The HCG injections directly target the hard-to-reach areas of your body. It burns from the least to the highest amount of fats in all parts of your body. Combine your HCG injections with low-calorie intake every day during Phase 2.
Weight loss stalls are usual on the third phase of the HCG diet. It is when you maintain your weight loss after the VLCD. But, a weight-loss stall can occur on phase 2 of the HCG diet in some cases. Plateau or stall is not typical during the VLCD but, you can expect them to happen if you waver on the protocol.
What about reaching a Plateau on the VLCD?
Losing weight is easy not until you reach a plateau or stall. What is a weight-loss stall? Weight loss stalls are when you maintain four to six days with no weight loss. Most of the cases can last up to a week or two. They are typically on the HCG diet but, they will break on their own during the HCG diet.
What are the Causes of Weight Loss Stall on the HCG Diet?
- The body adapts to weight loss or, it becomes familiar with the HCG.
- The body defends itself against further weight loss.
- You reach a stall when you stop following the protocol.
- Weight loss plateau happens when you eat foods that slow down your metabolism.
- You are retaining water weights due to salt intake.
- Women often reach a stall during menstruation due to water weights. These are the plateaus due to hormonal spikes during your cycle and ovulation.
If you wait out for the plateau to break on its own, it may take you longer to reach your goals. The HCG diet has several ways to overcome stalls.
How to Prevent or Break a Weight Loss Stall on VLCD
- You can prevent stalls by drinking an adequate amount of water per day.
- Avoid staying up late at night because sleeplessness leads to stress and weight loss plateau. Stress can trigger overeating and fatigue.
- An inactive lifestyle can also cause a plateau. Consider a light exercise routine to shake off excess calories from the food you eat.
- Ensure you take your HCG shots every day to prevent stalling or gaining weight.
Weight loss stall is typical to women during their menstrual period. Take a break from your HCG shots but continue your diet. Weight loss plateau during menstruation will break on its own when the period is over.
The “Apple Day and Mini-Steak Day” on the HCG Diet
These are weight loss correctors when you reach a plateau on HCG diet Phase 3 but, you can use them on your VLCD. Apple day is a concept of eating nothing but six apples from lunch to midnight and drink lots of water.
The mini-steak day is a derivation of the Phase 3 Steak day of the HCG diet. You eat nothing all day and prepare a 3.5 oz of steak for your dinner. It will help flush out the causes of stalls during the VLCD.