Phase 3 is the time where your hypothalamus will reset again. Hypothalamus is a region of your brain that involves the control of your metabolism. It allows your body to adjust again in shifting your metabolic rate. Phase 3 is the time that your intake of calories will also increase. Phase 3 comes after the VLCD which only allows you to eat 500 calories all day. This time, you will be introducing more foods to your diet. However, you have to be careful not to gain weight. This is not about losing weight but phase 3 is all about maintaining the achieved weight loss.
Stay within 2lbs of your weight to be able to maintain your weight loss. Adding food intake such as calories must be done gradually. You are not allowed to try the 500 calorie diet during phase 3. This is because it might affect your metabolic rate. Train your body to get used to higher calorie intake. Foods that have carbs, sugar, and fats are still not allowed during this phase. Continue the healthy habits and proper food portioning on the HCG diet for a successful outcome.
Delightful recipes you can try on P3 of the HCG diet
#1-Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
The ingredients needed are:
- 2 (8 oz.) packages of fat-free cream cheese
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. of Stevia
- Add pumpkin, cinnamon
How to prepare the Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins?
- Preheat your oven up to 30 degrees Fahrenheit
- Prepare the cream cheese and soften it for about 40 seconds
- Mix all the ingredients except the blueberries
- Use the mixer to beat it until it becomes smooth
- Add the blueberries
- Prepare the oil-filled pan and pour the mixture
- Allow it to bake for 18 to 20 minutes and let it cool
#2-The Cloud Bread
The ingredients needed are:
- 3 oz. light or fat-free cream cheese
- 3 large eggs and a pinch of cream of tartar
How to bake the cloud bread?
- Preheat your oven up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Separate the eggs and add cream cheese on the egg yolks
- Mix it all using the electric mixer
- In a separate bowl, add the cream of tartar to the egg whites
- Beat the egg whites to fully mix the cream of tartar
- Apply grease in the linings of the cookie sheet
- Slowly pour small circles in the flat sheet
- Bake for 15-30 minutes or until golden brown
#3- Skinny Pumpkin Dip with Sliced Apples
The ingredients needed are:
- One large apple
- 1 oz. of sugar and fat-free vanilla mix
- 2 teaspoon of stevia
- One cup solid packed pure pumpkin
- 16 oz. sugar-free whip
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- Wash the apple with clean water and slice it
- Mix it with the vanilla pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin
- Mix the stevia and whip cream
- Mix all together into the stevia and whip cream mixture
- Chill in the refrigerator and serve
Foods you need to avoid on Phase 3 of the HCG diet
- Avoid the fruits that have a high glycaemic index
Fruits that contain sugar must be very much avoided. The fruits that have high sugar can spike up your sugar levels. This will affect your metabolic rate. Stay away from banana, watermelon, raisins, prunes, avocado, mango, and tangerine. You are allowed to eat apples, orange, grapefruits, and strawberry.
- Watch your protein intake
This means that your protein intake must be from lean meat choices. Some of the products that you must avoid are margarine, peas, beans, and legumes. These protein sources have high levels of carbs. Protein helps in building muscle and maintaining healthy bones. Make sure to weigh your meat choices and take off the visible fats before cooking.
- Avoid sugar and starches
During this crucial phase, it is important to keep off from eating sugary foods. Stay away from brown and white sugar, syrup, maple sugar, corn syrup, and honey. The stored calories will eventually be stored as stubborn fats in various parts of your body.
- Avoid Grains
During the phase, 3 grains of all kinds should be avoided. This means that whole grains, cereal, corn products, and white flour are not allowed. You also have to stay away from brown rice, white bread, and white rice. You also have to stay away from snacks and desserts that are made with flour.
Why choose the HCG diet?
This allows you to have a break from constant loading and receiving unhealthy effects of food ingredients. It will renew your health and weight. HCG diet also promotes cleansing and revival of your body tissues through weight loss. The eating style during your HCG diet will help you change your wrong perception towards food. Thus, helps you to be an effective dieter and teach you to successfully reach your weight loss goal.
What makes the HCG diet safe for weight loss?
- You will not take too long to lose weight
It will work right away in reaching your weight loss goal. It acts fats on stubborn fats in the hard to reach areas of your body. The HCG will immediately target the fats most especially in your belly, abdomen, etc. It is important to know that your weight loss depends on your intake of foods and also the regular shot of the HCG diet. The bigger your weight loss is the longer you will do the HCG diet.
- It is natural and organic products
Organic and natural products are bound to be safe. It prevents you from having diseases that are linked with obesity and weight gain. The natural products are more nutritious than the foods that you commonly indulge. It cleanses your body from all the industrial food ingredients. Organic foods such as vegetables are more filling and safe than the foods you usually buy in the market.
- HCG diet promotes a “nutrient-rich” loading
The absorption of nutrients is reached through the help of the foods that you will be eating. This is also accompanied by a healthy lifestyle and eating habits. Continue to observe proper food portioning and even counting calories. Choose the foods that are whole and high in nutritional profile. Healthy foods will also maintain the health of your muscles and bones. Thus, prevents your tissue from damaging.