Diet soda is a combination of carbonated water, sweetener, colors, flavors, and additives. Diet sodas are beverages that have nothing to do with weight loss. It has harmful calories that can ruin the mechanism of the HCG and increase your risk of obesity. Having the word “diet” on the label does not make the beverage helpful for weight loss.
What is the Disadvantage of Diet Soda on the HCG Diet?
The artificial sweeteners in the diet soda interfere with the association of your brain to caloric intake. The flavor can trick your mind and results in an excessive amount of fat deposition. Drinking lots of sodas every day leads to obesity. They also stop the mechanism of the HCG in burning your fats.
Other Dangers of Diet Soda are:
- Heart problems
- Weight gain
- Risk of high blood pressure
- Metabolic issues
- It is addictive
- Harms your gut
Addiction to diet soda results in:
- Brain conditions
- Impacts bone density
- Liver and kidney conditions
The approved beverages on the HCG diet are tea, coffee, water, and fresh fruit juice. Other sources of hydration that are not on the food list are not permissible.
What Happens when you drink Diet Soda on the HCG Diet?
Due to the amount of sweetness, soda causes your body to create excessive insulin and leads to rapid fat absorption. It results in addiction and abnormal metabolism. You get zero nourishment and dehydration. Sugary beverages cause fatigue, brain fog, mood swings and increase your cravings on the HCG diet.
Does Diet Sodas Help in Weight Loss?
They can be a short-term alternative to weight loss but, you can gain it back right away. Long-term exposure to sodas can result in high-stress levels and weight gain. The artificial sweeteners in sodas are typical triggers of cravings as it activates the reward center of your brain.
The Alternatives of Sugary Drinks on the HCG Diet
- Water. It is one of the unlimited drinks you can have during the HCG diet. Water flushes out toxins and chemicals that trigger your cravings for sweet foods. Ensure you drink at least two liters of water per day during the VLCD.
- Cucumber juice. Slice a medium-sized cucumber and extract the juice and add stevia. It is a guilt-free substitute for sugary beverages. Add some crushed ice to freshen up.
- Tea and coffee. You can drink tea and coffee anytime you want as long as they do not contain sugar and other sweeteners. Tea and coffee can help in boosting your metabolism and increases your satiety. Opt for green tea and black coffee as they have various weight loss benefits.
- Lemon juice. Freshly-squeezed lemon juice can promote satiety the same way as how water acts in the body. Lemon juice also lowers calorie intake and is helpful during the second phase of the HCG diet.
Fruits like apples have a sweet flavor that aids in sweet tooth cravings. Instead of chugging on sodas and sugary drinks, you can eat fruits to improve your feeling of fullness and curb your cravings.