One way of popularizing products is by labeling them as SMART foods. They are the typical products in the market that claims to maintain a healthy weight loss and boost your health. The question is: are these the better food choices for your body? Lots of food are labeled as a healthy choice but is processed products.
Avoid rapid weight gain due to unhealthy food intake. On the HCG diet, you cannot eat your food indulgences because it causes weight gain. Consider the ingredients and the processing it goes through before it becomes edible. Avoid grabbing a bottle of fruit juice as your source of vitamin C because it increases your risk of having diseases.
What are the Smart Food Choices you Should Avoid on the HCG Diet?
- Bottled tea. A cup of tea is a typical substitute for processed fruit juices, soda, and energy drinks. But, did you know that a bottled tea is also one of the causes of weight gain? Avoid buying bottled tea in grocery stress because they contain loads of preservatives and other chemicals. Opt for sugar-free tea that you can buy in your local farmers’ market. Bottled tea has more sugar than sodas.
- Dried fruits. Sugar is not permissible during the HCG diet. It only means that you should avoid dried fruits because they contain loads of sugar. Dried fruits are not as healthy as fresh products. They go through processing and drying. They come in loads of sugar and other chemicals that reduce the nutritional value of the fruit.
- Granola and Muffins. It is the typical substitute for cereals but, granola is not the healthier option. Granola is not permissible on the HCG diet because it has loads of calories from oil and sugar. Another unhealthy option for breakfast is a muffin. Avoid your favorite muffin because of its sugar and butter content that can interfere with the HCG.
- Vegetable salad. Raw vegetables are healthy and, they can help you lose weight. Nonetheless, avoid combining all types of vegetables in one serving. Vegetables have a different amounts of calories, and mixing them increases your calorie intake. Avoid eating vegetable salads that contain cheese, salad dressings, sauce, and other unhealthy ingredients.
- Sushi rolls. The rice, protein, and vegetable in one package seem appealing but, it is not healthy. Sushi rolls contain cream cheese, mayo, and other dressings that can trigger weight gain. Rice contains loads of carbs and sugar and, the meat in sushi rolls has added fats and sodium. Stick to the options in your food list for healthier loading during the HCG diet.
- Vegetable burger. Fatty meats have an unhealthy nature because it increases the fat deposition in your body. When you substitute them with vegetables, it does not mean that you are safe from weight gain.
Avoid eating vegetable burgers during the HCG diet because the bun and the patty have loads of calories. They also have condiments that interfere with the HCG. A vegetable burger is never a healthy substitute for the typical burger in restaurants.