Observe low-calorie loading on the duration of the HCG diet. Limit your food choices to the items permissible for VLCD. The HCG diet has a list of approved foods for each phase. The diet protocol will guide your weight loss journey. No running out of ideas as the HCG has lots of recipes you can try.
HCG and the very-low-calorie diet
On the second phase of the HCG diet, you are controlling foods and drinks. You also limit your work to avoid energy loss. During the VLCD, you can eat 500 calories per day. Administer your HCG injections every day to boost metabolism. It helps in curbing hunger and suppressing your appetite.
Guide to make your VLCD suitable for the whole process
- Get a generous portion of vegetables. Opt for leafy greens to gain fiber.
- Avoid eating bread and pastries. Carb ruins the mechanism of HCG.
- Grill or broil the meat option. Remove the visible fats before cooking.
- Avoid soaking your foods in butter, oils, and creams.
- Avoid drinking diet soda.
- Eat cauliflower rice instead of eating white rice.
- Enjoy delicious soups but avoid adding creams.
- Choose black coffee for caffeine options.
- For your cup of tea, you can try green tea.
- Avoid drinking sugary beverages.
Three recipes you can try during the HCG diet
Recipe #1- Oregano lemon fish with asparagus
- 100g whitefish
- Lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- teaspoon of oregano
- Salt and pepper
How to cook?
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Cut the end of the asparagus
- Prepare an aluminum foil.
- Place the asparagus in the foil.
- Sprinkle with a small amount of pepper and salt.
- Put the 100-gram fish meat on top of the asparagus.
- Mix the oregano and lemon juice.
- Pour it on the fish meat and cover them with foil.
- Steam or bake them for twenty minutes.
You can try cooking this meal during lunch. Avoid adding some cooking oil to the meat. Before cooking, weigh to get the proper meal sizes. Another delicious treat you can try is:
Recipe #2- The Stir-fried onions, chicken, and grapefruit
- 3.5 oz of onion.
- 3.5 oz of chicken breast part
- ½ grapefruit
How to cook?
- Remove the skin and fats of the chicken meat
- Mix some salt, pepper, and spices in a skillet.
- Add at least three tablespoons of freshly squeezed herb liquid.
- Put onion and stir fry until it is clear.
- Allow the meat and pepper to simmer in medium heat.
- Place the onion and grapefruit in a bowl.
- Include the chicken and toss some salt and pepper.
You can use crab meat as a substitute for chicken. Ensure that the recipe does not contain prepacked ingredients. Avoid adding sauce or creams as it ruins the protocol.
Recipe #3- Ginger steamed red snapper
- 2 to 3.5 ounces of red snapper
- ¼ cup of diet-approved vinegar
- (2) drops of organic stevia
- (2) teaspoon of ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- slice of fresh lemon
How to cook?
- Add water to your steamer and allow to broil.
- Add the season fish to the pot.
- Combine the ingredients and cover the pot.
- Simmer for fifteen minutes until the meat is ready.