Phase 2 of the HCG diet refers to the calorie-cut down of the program. It helps in completing your weight loss goal and other things through the diet protocol. The VLCD phase of the diet program often lasts for 3 to 6 weeks base on your weight loss goal. Portion your meal in proper sizes to ensure you are eating 500 calories.
Why do you need to Cut down your Calorie Intake on the HCG Diet?
Cut down your calorie intake to aid you with adapting to new eating habits. The second phase of the HCG diet helps in restructuring the meal pattern and shifting your lifestyle. The cutting down on your calorie intake increases the amount of your weight loss per day.
Tips in Eating Less during the Phase 2 of the HCG Diet
The VLCD helps the HCG to start detoxifying your body from food chemicals. It gives your body a break from receiving high-calorie and, it also stops you from binge eating. Here are the tips you can incorporate to eat less on the HCG diet:
- Eat protein for breakfast. To avoid intimidation on the “no solid foods for breakfast” on the HCG diet, you can eat at least 50grams of protein. It is a better option for breakfast eater. Eating protein-rich foods helps you hold for longer without getting hungry. Add a cup of tea or coffee to kick start your metabolism.
- Drink an adequate amount of water. Start your day by hydrating yourself. Water increases fullness and controls your calorie intake during the HCG diet. It keeps your stomach full and increases your metabolic rate. Water can also fight fatigue and foggy feeling in your head.
- Avoid storing too many foods. One of the reasons you are eating a lot is because of the overflowing supply in your pantry. Prioritize the essential item in your fridge and take off the processed products. Ensure your food storage has enough healthy foods to fill up your hunger. Prepare your meals ahead to avoid prolonging starvation.
- Make your meal healthy. Create a weight loss-friendly version of your food indulgences. Avoid digging into sugary, salty, and fatty foods. You can still enjoy delicious treats on the HCG diet without adding calories. Opt for fresh fruits as they can help you with your sweet tooth. Substitute carbs and fats with fresh vegetables and lean meats.
- Take your HCG injections. The HCG helps in fat burning and resetting your metabolic rate to shed pounds faster. It is also responsible for suppressing your appetite to control your intake of calories per day. Take the HCG shots at the same time each day and ensure you follow the diet protocol.
Listen to the signal of your body and stop eating before you get full. Use kitchen wares and food scales to get the proper portion of foods before cooking. Ensure that the products you eat on the VLCD increase your nourishment and prevents weight loss fluctuations.