First time HCG dieters sometimes find it hard to get through the second phase. This happens especially if you are getting used to unhealthy habits. There are various weight loss struggles but if you stick to the protocol you can lose weight fast. HCG diet has been proven for years to treat obesity. This may also be the best time to curb the possible attack of all weight-related diseases. These are the common diseases that come when you have excess fats in your body.
The first week of phase 2 is an adjusting phase of the body. Your body is still getting used to the new calorie intake which may sometimes seek the foods that you normally eat. Phase 2 is a tough part to control hunger, especially if not used to calorie cut down. However, this is important so that you can go on with weight loss.
Obesity is one of the health problems in the US today. This disease does not just affect your shape but also with your entire health. That is why it is very important to lose weight, especially during this pandemic. The COVID-19 targets or affects mostly to those that have a weak immune system or those that have underlying diseases. These diseases are hypertension, stroke, heart disease, diabetes, etc.
Phase 2 of the HCG diet is focused not only on burning your body fats but also on changing your lifestyle. This is because you cannot lose weight if you continue to do your unhealthy habits. This phase is when you cut down your intake of calories along with maintenance of the diet hormone. This is also the time that you can develop eating discipline such as eating the right foods at the right time.
What is the recommended form of HCG for weight loss?
All the forms of HCG for weight loss can work for your weight loss goal. However, these differ with the result. The oral drops and pellets are easier to take. However, your weight loss result is not as fast as how you expect it, unlike the injection. The most recommended form of HCG which is used by many is the HCG diet injections. This is injected through your fat tissue at the same time each day. The best time to have the HCG dose is every morning right after your morning coffee.
Is there any side effect in using the HCG for weight loss?
There are no recorded severe side effects of the diet hormones. However, some experience headaches and hunger during the first few weeks of the VLCD. Headache pangs of hunger are just normal because your body is still adjusting to the new calorie intake. Headache may come lightly or may not come at all. In case you feel uncomfortable with the use of HCG or the occurrence of diseases contact your doctor immediately.
However, you have to be careful in determining your hunger. This is because there is hunger that is just caused by your emotions or stress. Do not eat when you are stress because it might lead you to stress eating. This way of eating is a response to your body’s need for comfort. You end up eating comfort foods that are high in calories and may destroy your proper diet.
How to get through the second phase of the HCG diet?
- Develop a healthy eating habit such as proper food portioning. Choose foods that have low calories but are rich in nutrients. Always refer to the HCG food list for healthier food choices.
- Avoid cheating because it can sabotage your weight loss. Cheating is one of the problems you can encounter. However, you can avoid this if you develop healthy eating patterns. Avoid the foods that are already processed and even processed drinks.
- Choose organic food choices rather than the foods that you commonly buy in the grocery store. You can also have freshly picked fruits and vegetables. Fresh veggies and fruits give weight-loss benefits and diseases fighting properties.
- Do not eat foods that have sugar and carbs. You are also not allowed to eat deep-fried foods because it will ruin your weight loss. The unhealthy foods and drinks are prohibited during the VLCD. This is because it can sabotage the mechanism of the HCG in burning your body fats.
- Do not go to grocery shopping if you are hungry or stressed. This is for you to avoid buying unhealthy foods from the grocery. Have a complete list of items so that you will not stay longer doing groceries.
- Load more on protein because it keeps you full. Protein aids in curbing hunger and cravings. It is also important in maintaining muscle and bone health.
The food choices for P2 of the HCG diet
- Asparagus, cabbage, celery, broccoli, and chicory
- Fennel, cucumber, lettuce, and onion
- Spinach, tomatoes, radish, and chard
- Oranges, apple, strawberries, and grapefruit
- Lemon, grissini, and Melba toast
- Lean meat, fish, shrimp, and crab meat
This food list is not the complete list of the foods that are allowed on the HCG diet. This is just an example of the food choices that you can eat during the VLCD. Refer to the diet food list for more options. Take note that you are not allowed to mix vegetables in one serving because of its calorie content. Serve one type of vegetable at a time for proper meal portions.
Why choose the HCG diet?
The HCG diet acts fast directly in dealing with stubborn body fats. You do not have to go frequently for a gym class or enroll in heavy workout sessions. You can just lose weight in the comfort of your home especially today or during this time of the pandemic.
HCG diet also will preserve your muscle mass as it burns your body fats. That is why it safe to implement the VLCD. The HCG will pull and burn your body fats and convert them into energy. Your energy will not come from the burned fats and not from the foods you eat.