Hunger is a feeling of discomfort in your stomach. It is a signal of your body that you need food. You can feel physical hunger and psychological hunger. Physical hunger is a sign that you need to eat. Psychological hunger on the other hand is just a product of your emotion. This is usually accompanied by unhealthy cravings.
The hunger you feel in the first week of the HCG diet phase 2 is normal. The reason for the occurrence of hunger on the HCG diet is because your body is still adjusting. The occurrence of hunger will just be gone once the HCG is fully in your system. You can notice a mid-morning dip in your energy levels. This can cause you to a frequent trip to your dining room. You also tend to find specific foods for comfort. You have to be careful in dealing with your hunger during the HCG diet.
What triggers your hunger frequently during the HCG diet Phase 2?
- Sleep deprivation– missing out on sleep leads to an increase in the hormone responsible for regulating hunger. The hunger that is caused by sleep deprivation is hard to deal with. It makes you aim to eat all the time without counting calories. Get a full eight hours of sleep every day to avoid being exhausted. Losing energy can work against the HCG in your body.
- High-stress levels– Hunger and eating are some of the coping mechanisms when you are stressed. You need to stave off stress before you can eat food. Practice deep breathing or guided meditation. You can simply walk outside to have time for yourself. Distance yourself from the causes of stress.
- You are dehydrated- Lack of water is often mistaken for being hungry. The best way to curb this is to bring water with you anywhere you go. Water can regulate body temperature and deliver nutrients to cells. It keeps your organs functioning and keeps you full. Drinking an adequate amount of water improves sleep quality. You must drink 2 liters of water per day during the HCG diet.
- You are eating the wrong foods– Be conscious of the foods that you have been eating. Do not eat wrong foods such as junk foods, deep-fried foods, and sugary foods. Wrong food choices will spike your blood sugar. Thus, leaves you hungry all the time. Stick to the HCG diet-approved foods for Phase 2. Eat more on vegetables, fruits, and lean meat.
- You prolong hunger– Eat on time even if you are not yet hungry. Do not prolong your physical hunger because it leads to hunger pains. A prolonged hunger will eventually cause your body to be in starvation mode. This will make you eat too much on the next meal. You can also eat an HCG diet approved fruits in case of physical hunger between lunch and dinner.
- Fast eating- Remember that you are not on a race. It is better to eat slowly to munch foods properly. Eating quickly can prevent your body from delivering hormones that signal your body to stop eating.