The HCG diet is a fast-acting regimen for fat loss. It allows you to lose a pound or two per day when you follow the protocol. Maintain the low-calorie intake in combination with the daily shot of the hormone.
The HCG diet is easy not until you fall into overeating sessions. Overeating happens when there is a blast of food at the table or during celebrations and parties. An unintentional loading of pasta, fried foods, and other unhealthy treats can cause weight gain.
Overeating allows you to consume too many calories during the VLCD. As a result, you will gain weight or may go through a weight-loss stall. Avoid panicking when you wake up the following day and see that your weight spikes up.
Tips to Avoid Weight Gain During the HCG Diet
- Drink lots of water. It is one of the steps that you need to do once you overeat during the VLCD. Water prevents bloating and boosts detoxifications. Drink lots of water to stave off the excess calories and chemicals that cause weight gain. You can make a cucumber smoothie to increase digestion and cleanses your system.
- Exercise in the morning. Working out does not mean that you have to pay for a gym membership. Avoid extreme exercise during the HCG diet because it can consume your energy. When you overeat, ensure that you do something in the morning. You can take a walk, jog, or swim. Yoga is also permissible in the second phase of the HCG diet. Light physical activities increase the ability of HCG to shed excess pounds.
- Avoid skipping your breakfast. Your breakfast coffee is as vital as your daily shots. It is because it gives your digestive system a signal to start the process. Avoid skipping your breakfast because it helps in restarting the metabolism for fat-burning. For the second phase of the HCG diet, you can have tea or coffee for breakfast.
- Enjoy the sunlight. Nothing can bit the ability of nature to boost your health. Go for a walk or do yoga during sunrise. It is beneficial to increase digestion after your overeating sessions. The vitamin D from the sunlight helps in boosting your metabolic rate and prevents you from viral diseases. It also gives you a boost of your energy for the day.
- Follow an active regimen. A heavy workout is not permissible but, this does not mean that you have to stay in one place and do nothing. Eat healthy foods along with regular physical activities to increase your metabolic rate. It helps the HCG in staving off the excess calories you gain during the overeating session.
The VLCD of the HCG diet is intimidating to most first-time dieters. Nonetheless, it results in promising results when you stick to the protocol every day. You can see the changes in your body when you maintain your HCG shots. Regardless of when you eat too much or not, ensure that you follow a healthy routine during the HCG diet. It will help you maintain a balance between your health and weight.