Your body will claim the amazing changes caused by your weight loss journey. After the HCG diet will be a time of claiming the rewards of all your effort time during the weight loss. The last week of P4 is the time that your body is slowly recovering to its big adjustment. This will also be the perfect time to reevaluate the things that you have done for your weight loss. It assesses your body on how much weight you lose and on other things that are related to your weight loss goal.
Things you must not forget after the HCG diet
- Do not forget to track your intake of calories
You can eat any food at any amount. However, it is better to have healthy food choices for healthy calorie loading. The HCG diet protocol does not anymore hold your eating pattern during this time. But, you still have to consider staying healthy. This means that you are not allowed to go back to your unhealthy eating routine which causes you to gain weight. Track your intake of calories especially the foods that you are introducing back to your body.
- Gradually introduce sugar and carbs
This is done slowly because these foods are new to your body. Continue eating healthy foods. Do not go back to your bad eating habits even after the maintenance phase. You will abandon the bad eating habits forever. Introduce sugar and carbs slowly in your diet so that our body will slowly develop and adapt to the new foods. Focus on nutritious food like fruits and veggies. This is one way to keep your body healthy. You can also avoid the risk of diseases.
- You can start implementing and exercise routine
You may do an exercise for a duration of 30 minutes to 1 hour 3 times a week. This is done if you slowly raise your caloric intake. Do not go on a marathon right away. This is to maintain your cardiovascular health. Avoid exercising when you are tired, stress, or hungry. It may cause binge eating or eat in response to stress. An active lifestyle can keep unnecessary pounds away.
- Staying with organic food choices are still better
Try to have as many organic veggies and foods. This will help the body in digesting. You can also increase the protein intake. Organic foods are fresh and safe for our health. It has a high value of nutrients and safety than those products that are already packed.
Some of the breakfast foods you can have after the HCG diet
- Eggs- This will increase the feeling of fullness. It maintains the level of blood sugar and lowers the intake of calories in the next meal. You can eat this along with your cup of tea before doing your morning exercise. Eggs are the best source of choline that aids liver and brain health. It lowers the risk of heart diseases as well as bad cholesterol.
- Coffee to improve the mood- This improves the alertness of a person. This is allowed in the VLCD or any phase of the HCG diet. This is also helpful in maintaining a healthy metabolism. Coffee can also alleviate high stress levels and allows relaxation in your brain to reset your focus. Coffee has high levels of antioxidants and can lower inflammation.
- Oatmeal- Most busy people do not eat breakfast very often. This is not a good habit. You can have oatmeal and milk before you start your big day. You have to at least put food in your stomach to support your body for the whole day’s activities. You can also purchase organic meals or low-calorie-oatmeal. Make sure that you will not leave your home or do an exercise routine with an empty stomach. Oatmeal can help in starting your metabolism in the morning.
- Berries- These are nutritious as well as delicious antioxidants and blood in the body. The normal flow of blood helps in the distribution of nutrients. These are low in calories and high in fiber. Berries can be a good snack especially when you are maintaining your weight loss goal. It is one of the best fruit that is allowed during the HCG diet. It has low calories and rich in fiber and antioxidants.
- Cottage Cheese- This can be partnered with a slice of Melba toast. This is a protein-rich food that is good for weight loss. It is filling and can also help in curbing hunger or any cravings. This can improve the metabolism that triggers the feeling of fullness. Cottage cheese is a nutritious food.
Starting a fitness goal and keeping muscle mass after the HCG diet
- Plan your fitness program
You can choose various light exercises for your fitness. However, you cannot do it all at once. Light exercise does not just help for your muscular health but also maintains the firmness of your bones. Plan your fitness program properly as soon as you are done or in the last week of P4. You do not have to do extreme workouts or be too hard on yourself to be fit. The goal of your fitness program is to maintain a healthy and fit body after the HCG diet.
- Continue to load on healthy foods
Maintaining a healthy body does not mean you have to do all the exercise. Sometimes, you also have to check your foods. Make sure that you are loading healthy food choices such as organic products. It is because the foods that you eat play a big role in your weight loss.
- Load more on protein
Protein is a food nutrient that can help in building your body tissues and renewing your cells. It can prevent bone and muscle loss as it keeps your stomach full during your weight loss. Have an exact amount of protein in your meal to successfully maintain a healthy and firm muscle.
- Deal with stress right away
The high-stress level can affect not just your peace of mind but also your health. Deal stress right away by meditation, sleeping or relaxing. Detach yourself from the source of stress such as an unhealthy environment or workplace. Having enough time of sleep will lower stress levels and help in renewing your mind.