Snacking out on unhealthy foods such as chips, cookies, and fries is not healthy. The wrong snack has an impact on your health and weight. It’s because of the ingredients from junk foods which can add more calories. You can snack on the HCG diet but with the right choices. Instead of having junk foods, you can eat fruits instead. There are plenty of fruit choices you can eat during the VLCD.
Fruits can be your major meal or replacements for your unhealthy snack foods. Fruits are healthy and they are one of the sources of high-value nutrients on the HCG diet. These are high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals which are essential for your weight loss. Eating a diet high in fruits and vegetables helps in reducing your risk of diseases.
Why do you need to add fruits every day during the VLCD?
- Fruits lower your calorie intake- Replace your unhealthy snacks with fruits. It can help a lot in reducing fats and cholesterol in your body. It also has fiber that can stop you from eating too much. Eating fruits can help you reduce your calorie intake and manage your weight loss.
- Fruits can prevent diseases-All the vitamins and minerals found in fruits can fight against diseases. It can reduce your risk of having diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, and stroke. You do not have to worry about being sick because fruits can help in boosting your immune system. Eating fruits such as oranges and grapefruits has high levels of vitamin C. It fights against free radicals and viral infections so you do not have to worry about being sick.
- Fruits can stimulate your brain– Unhealthy food can block your brain and can cause high stress levels. Avoid brain-blocking foods such as sugar, cookies, chips, deep-fried foods, and foods with preservatives. Clear your brain from the effect of food ingredients to be able to improve your mood. You can eat fruits such as apples, oranges, grapefruits, and strawberries. These are the fruits that you can eat during the HCG diet which can improve your health.
Are you allowed to eat fruits alone during the VLCD?
No. eating fruits alone may also cause a deficit of nutrients. You can incorporate some fruits in your daily meals but do not have it more than the usual foods. You must balance your meal and have a part of vegetables and lean meat on it. A balanced meal will assist the HCG in burning your body fats. Take note that you cannot eat dried fruits because it has extra sugar and preservatives.
The fruits you can eat during the VLCD of the HCG diet
Aside from strawberries, peach, pear, and blueberries, you can also eat the following:
- Apple- This fruit is good for weight loss. It has a naturally sweet flavor and rich in fiber. It also improves digestion and fights against certain diseases such as cancer.
- Grapefruit– This fruit is low in calories and very filling. You can have half-portion of a whole grapefruit as your snack foods.
- Orange- One of the richest sources of vitamin C is orange. It maintains your blood pressure levels and lowers cholesterol. Oranges can also help in boosting your immune system.