Meatless burgers are processed foods and contain loads of fats. Meat substitutes are adding lots of chemicals to mimic the taste of real meat. It copies the flavor of a burger that is juicy and meaty. Plant-based items are not allowable during the HCG diet. It is also not permissible when you follow the vegetarian protocol on the HCG diet.
Why are plant-based burgers bad for the HCG diet?
Plant-based burgers have the same effect as meat products. It raises cholesterol levels and ruins your weight loss. Another result of plant-based burgers on your HCG diet are:
- They deposit more calories in your body. Plant-based burgers do not mean that it is low in calories. It ruins the mechanism of HCG in burning your fats.
- Plant-based burgers have loads of carbs which is not suitable for your diet. You cannot eat excessive amounts of carbs during the VLCD.
- Plant-based burgers are higher in sodium than regular products. It results to weight loss stall and water retention.
- It has lower protein content than lean meats. Eating plant-based burgers does not help in suppressing your appetite.
- It triggers your appetite for unhealthy foods. The artificial flavor will activate the reward center of your brain and results in cravings.
- It deposits chemicals in all parts of your body. The food chemicals develop stubborn fats and, it will ruin your metabolism. The severe effects of plant-based burgers are weight gain.
Stick to organic items during the HCG diet. Avoid eating foods that go through canning and processing. Foods that contain two or more ingredients are not permissible. Eat natural and fresh meals as much as possible during the VLCD.
Can you eat plant-based burgers substitute for protein?
The plant-based burger is permissible to vegetarian people. It is not allowed to substitute for lean meats during the HCG diet. Stick to approved meals as possible. The protocol compliance meat permissible during the HCG diet are:
- Chicken meat
The vegetable options for protein are:
- Brussels sprouts
Ensure you eat 500 calories per day during the second phase of the HCG diet. Take the HCG injections daily for positive results.
What makes plant-based burgers dangerous on your HCG diet?
Meatless burgers are processed products that cause weight gain and trigger diseases. Meatless burgers have lost oils and harmful chemicals. The long-term intake of plant-based burgers destroys heart health. Eating meatless burgers results in indigestion during the HCG diet. The is no factual evidence that supports the claims of meatless burgers to help in losing weight.
Do meatless burgers assist in a weight loss program?
Plant-based burgers help vegetarian people but not those who want to lose weight. The visible truth is they do not assist in weight loss. Plant-based burgers are misleading products that result in weight gain. Falling into this trend will lead you to weight-loss pitfalls. The claims of being a healthy option attract more consumers to fall on this fad. It is deceiving to dieters who have less information about the HCG diet protocol.